SEATTLE, Oct. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Wyze Labs, Inc., a Seattle based consumer tech startup, today announced the launch of their first product, WyzeCam, a full-featured 1080p HD smart home camera. WyzeCam is immediately available for purchase on https://www.wyzecam.com for $19.99 per unit plus shipping.
"The smart home camera market is crowded, but mainly dominated by deep pockets and companies forgetting that users have a real need," said Wyze Labs co-founder, Dave Crosby.
"We think consumers deserve better than that."
Started in Seattle by Dave Crosby and a group of former Amazon employees, Wyze Labs focuses on a consumer-centric business model, creating affordable technology products that directly improve people's lives.
"We believe smart home cameras shouldn't break your budget," said Dongsheng Song, COO and another co-founder of Wyze Labs.
"We work relentlessly to cut down costs while maintaining the highest quality standards possible; and we keep our margins low. At the end of the day, that's exactly what our customers want - quality products at affordable prices."
At $19.99 each, WyzeCam offers a rich suite of features, including:
- 1080p full HD: 2.8mm focal length, 110º wide angle lens, 1/2.7″ CMOS sensor, 8x digital zoom.
- Night Vision: F2.0 aperture, IR-CUT filter, and two 850nm infrared LEDs. Night vision range up to 30 feet.
- Two-way audio enabled with built-in speaker and microphone.
- Motion and sound detection send real-time alerts via push notifications to your phone.
- Smart sound recognition: Recognizes the unique sound patterns of smoke alarms and CO monitors to alert you to these specific emergencies.
- Free, rolling 14-day cloud storage: A 10-15 second video is automatically recorded whenever motion or sounds are detected. Videos are uploaded securely via end-to-end encryption in the AWS Cloud and are accessible for 14 days with no subscription plans required.
- Continuous recording: Supports microSD cards (not included) for continuous recording.
- Time lapse: Creates custom time-lapse videos and saves them to a microSD card (not included).
- Unique, flexible design: The innovative 3-axis design allows the camera to point in any direction. The magnetic mounting system with included adhesive tape and metal plate make it possible to mount anywhere - no screws required.
About Wyze Labs, Inc.
Based in Seattle, WA, Wyze Labs was born out of the belief that quality smart home technology should be accessible to everyone. The company partners with innovators and best-in-class manufacturers who share its mission and values: to create high-quality products that are easy to use and have the features customers care about at a fraction of the price. Its first product, a full-featured 1080p HD smart home camera known as WyzeCam, is available to purchase on Wyze Lab's own website (http://www.wyzecam.com) and on Amazon.com starting October 24, 2017.
E: [email protected]
SOURCE Wyze Labs, Inc.