MINNEAPOLIS, April 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Xata Corporation (NASDAQ: XATA), a leader in fleet optimization software, today announced that it has received the Frost & Sullivan North American Price Performance Value Leadership of the Year Award in Commercial Vehicle Fleet Management. The award is given each year to a company demonstrating excellence in implementing strategies that proactively create value for its customers, shareholders and employees.
"We are honored to have received this award from Frost & Sullivan," said Jay Coughlan, President and CEO, Xata. "It's an important validation of our position as an industry leader and the role we play in road science, the emerging study and application of technology for trucking and logistics. Receiving this award also confirms our important role in helping fleets stay compliant with CSA regulations."
The Frost & Sullivan team of analysts recognized Xata for its industry-leading fleet performance management software, which automatically collects driver and vehicle information, giving fleets real-time, 360-degree information for cost reductions, increases in safety and compliance, and customer satisfaction improvements.
"I'm proud that our company and employees have delivered to the market a CSA-compliance and fleet-management solution that the industry recognizes as an outstanding value. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring that North America's leading private and for-hire fleets have the numbers they need to visualize -- and improve -- every aspect of their operations," said David Gagne, Chief Operating Officer, Xata.
A Frost & Sullivan team of industry analysts conducted primary market analysis and in-depth interviews with Xata team members, customers and other key stakeholders, using the following criteria to benchmark Xata's performance against that of its key competitors:
- Price competitiveness. Frost & Sullivan specifically identified Xata Turnpike as the "most competitively priced fleet management product in today's market."
- Features. Both of Xata's solutions -- Xata Turnpike and XataNet -- come with a variety of features and customizable scorecards that make it easy for fleets to rank vehicles and drivers by key performance measurements, collecting and analyzing driver and vehicle data, including speed, fuel efficiency and idle time.
- Ease of use. Xata Turnpike takes only 10 minutes to install and runs on drivers' existing cell phones, smartphones and tablet computers. A full-featured, enterprise-wide solution, XataNet is also easy to install and use.
- Service effectiveness. To help fleets realize additional bottom-line results, Xata uses its experience with hundreds of fleets to offer professional-quality implementation, training and consulting services.
- Product matched to client needs. To ensure that customer needs are met, Xata's Enhancement Advisory Board carefully reviews all customer requests, using these requests and customer feedback to improve products and keep current with ever-changing industry regulations.
"XATA Turnpike eliminates the traditional upfront costs, allowing an immediate return on investment (ROI), generally seen within the first month of its implementation. It is currently one of the least expensive solutions to improve fleet operations, as well as to remain hours-of-service compliant," said Sathyanarayana Kabirdas, analyst for Frost & Sullivan.
Xata Corporation (NASDAQ: XATA) provides intuitive, automated fleet management software solutions to the trucking industry. By delivering real-time critical information on vehicle and driver performance, Xata makes it easy for fleet managers, dispatchers and drivers to collect, sort, view and analyze data to help reduce costs, increase safety and compliance, and improve customer satisfaction.
Our award-winning solutions include 1) XataNet, a full-featured, enterprise-wide solution that helps private and for-hire fleets drive continuous improvement, and 2) Xata Turnpike, a technologically advanced, low-cost, easy-to-install solution that runs on drivers' existing cell phones, smartphones and tablet computers. Both solutions help fleet managers and drivers meet established and emerging electronic onboard recorder (EOBR) regulations. We also offer a portfolio of professional services, including implementation, training and consulting, to help our customers deliver bottom-line results. For more information, visit www.xata.com or call 1-800-745-9282.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best in class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best practice models to drive the generation, evaluation and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages almost 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from 31 offices on six continents. For more information, visit www.frost.com.
SOURCE XATA Corporation