SAN DIEGO, March 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Younity, the home media server that unifies media across devices, today launched its younity app for Android. The app enables users to create their own private streaming service with the freedom to access all their media files stored on their computer(s) from any Android device. With the younity app, users can access and stream all of their videos, photos, music and documents stored on Windows or Mac computers from their mobile devices.
"Our goal is to help people unify their fragmented content by making all their files accessible from any screen that they have," said Erik Caso, co-founder and chief executive officer of younity. "Whether it's listening to favorite music playlists, streaming movies on the go, or accessing photos from a recent vacation—younity gives users ultimate access to all their content, anytime and anywhere."
In the last several months alone, younity has unified more than 2 billion files representing more than eleven petabytes of data that is streamed directly between user devices.
Younity on Android Features:
- Access and stream your video and music collections on-demand.
- Stream all your iTunes music to your Android devices for free.
- Search and access all the photos on your computers, including Lightroom catalogs and Apple Photo libraries.
- Access documents across multiple computers on the go.
- Unify all your content and media libraries across your computers into one organized menu in the younity app.
- Search all your content at once.
- Download any of your media to your mobile devices for unlimited offline access.
- Keep large files off of your Android smartphone, but still have access to them.
By connecting devices together and creating a private, peer-to-peer streaming service, younity maintains maximum privacy and security for users— files are never uploaded and there is no file-related information stored online. All user content remains safely and securely stored on their computers.
Younity offers a simple, secure and free alternative to services like Plex's Premium Plex Pass and solves a major pain point for consumers who have a large amount of media spread across multiple devices. Younity's patented technology also gives users access to their media libraries—which make up over ninety percent of content on their computers—such as iTunes catalogs, Adobe Lightroom libraries and more.
Younity works cross-platform, regardless of operating system, enabling Android users to connect to both Mac and PC computers simultaneously.
Younity on Android is free and easy to set up.
- First, install younity on your computer (download at www.getyounity.com)
- Download the younity mobile app on your mobile devices.
Guide on how to set up younity: http://getyounity.com/how-to-set-up-younity.php
Younity is a home media server that connects your devices so you can access all your content without any syncing, uploading or configuration. Seamlessly stream, access, and share all of your videos, photos, music, and documents stored across all your computers and mobile devices. With younity, all of your files are kept secure and private on your own devices – no clouds or middlemen involved. It's easy to use, there's no technical set-up, and it's free. Younity is available on Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS.
Younity is owned by Entangled Media and based in Encinitas, California.
For more information, please visit www.getyounity.com.
Sparkpr for younity
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/younity-now-available-on-android-300242366.html