LEOMINSTER, Mass., Dec. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Your Retirement Advisor, a retirement education and planning company aimed initially at mass affluent baby boomers, today announced the launch of its one-stop approach and platform, Retirement Solved. Combining technology and process with education and advice, Your Retirement Advisor aims to make preparing financially for retirement easier and more affordable, while helping people transition to retirement with a "sustainable for life" financial plan.
Carving out its own corner of the industry and challenging the value of traditional financial advisors and new robo-platforms, Your Retirement Advisor believes its Retirement Solved approach offers a one stop, high tech, high touch, and high value retirement planning service.
"We're offering a fresh, unconventional approach to retirement planning," commented Your Retirement Advisor co-founder, Brian Saranovitz. "Retirement planning is complex and nuanced. We're seeing people who want to get educated and guided by a retirement professional vs. an online software program or from an advisor who may only know the investment portion of the overall plan. We also see the benefit of offering a one-stop service in which your retirement advisor can strategize on investments, insurance, taxes, Social Security and estate planning all with the certainty that's provided by tech-reliable analysis and backed by academic retirement research. Many people are really stressed about whether they'll 'make it in retirement'. Our mission is to be an affordable, efficient and effective alternative to going it alone and hoping for the best, relying on a software program, or on an advisor who's retirement planning expertise is limited."
The platform is powered by retirement planning software; organized by a collaborative, multi-step process and backed by retirement research. It offers:
- Objective retirement education throughout the planning process and available on Your Retirement Advisor website's
- Unlimited and low fee advice from retirement professionals available to anyone anywhere
- Technology powered, human enhanced retirement analysis for better decision making
- Alpha efficient retirement strategies to maximize income and minimize risks
Your Retirement Advisor co-founder Lynn Toomey commented, "While it's true many people fear both spending beyond their means and outliving their income in retirement, a whopping 81% don't even know how much money they'll need to retire. 74% failed a recent retirement literacy test and only 16% of baby boomers have a written retirement plan. Most people simply don't understand all the components to planning a proper retirement. Clearly, we are neither educated nor prepared for retirement. And we're obviously under-served by the 300,000 financial advisors in the U.S. Conventional advice, old school strategies, and rolling the dice and hoping for the best hasn't gotten many of us very far."
All of Your Retirement Advisor's online education resources and advisory services are available to anyone, anywhere within the U.S. Face to face advice is currently only offered in the New England states. The company plans to expand nationally through its website and via a network of affiliated advisors.
Your Retirement Advisor can be reached at: www.YourRetirementAdvisor.com.
About Your Retirement Advisor™
81% of baby boomers don't know how much money they'll need in retirement. Another 84% don't have a written retirement plan. Yet they control 80% of the assets in this country. Your Retirement Advisor's mission is to make preparing financially for retirement easier and more affordable, while guiding the transition into retirement with a "sustainable for life" financial plan. With its Retirement Solved™ approach, the company focuses on teaching people how to save right today and spend right tomorrow. Powered by technology, process and research, the unconventional approach integrates education, guidance, analysis and strategy for efficient and effective, one-stop retirement planning. For more information, visit: http://www.yourretirementadvisor.com.
Investments in securities do not offer a fix rate of return. Principal, yield and/or share price will fluctuate with changes in market conditions and, when sold or redeemed, you may receive more or less than originally invested. No system or financial planning strategy can guarantee future results. Therefore, no current or prospective client should assume that future performance or any specific investment, investment strategy or product will be profitable.
Securities and advisory services offered through Cetera Advisors LLC, member FINRA, SIPC. Cetera is under separate ownership from any other named entity.
1. Allianz Life Insurance survey, 2010
2. The American College RICP Income Literacy Survey, 2014
3. RICP Vs RMA Vs CRC – Choosing The Best Retirement Income Designation for Financial Advisors, Kitces.com
4. eFinancial Careers: Are wealth management firms really facing a shortage of financial advisers?
Reuters, Number of U.S. financial advisers fell for fifth straight year -report, 2015
5. Why Ken Fisher Hates Annuities, Think Advisor, 2015 10 Reasons You Should Never Own Stocks Again, James Altucher, 2011
6. What percentage of the global economy is comprised of the financial services sector? Investopedia
7. Age Wave/Merrill Lynch, "Finances in Retirement: New Challenges, New Solutions," 2017
8. Transamerica Retirement Survey of Workers, 2016. https://www.transamericacenter.org/docs/default-source/retirement-survey-of-workers/tcrs2016_sr_perspectives_on_retirement_baby_boomers_genx_millennials.pdf
Lynn Toomey, Your Retirement Advisor
(508) 798-5115 - firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Your Retirement Advisor