LAKEWOOD, Colo., April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- In 2012, ZeaChem completed construction of its 250,000 gallon per year (biofuel equivalent) Demonstration Biorefinery in Boardman, OR. In 2013 ZeaChem successfully converted wood into cellulosic sugars, lignin, acids, esters and alcohols. The Demonstration Plant has been a critical stepping stone from lab & pilot scale to 1st Commercial, the development of which is currently underway.
Fully cognizant of the challenges involved in scaling up, ZeaChem has realized the opportunity to take a supportive role in the industry to assist others with their own pre-commercial scale up efforts. As operational capacity at the Demonstration Plant becomes available, ZeaChem has decided to open its doors to third parties who wish to take advantage of ZeaChem's equipment packages and trained operations staff to assist them in their scale up efforts. And so today, ZeaChem is pleased to announce the ZeaChem Technology Institute & Processing Services in Boardman, OR.
The ZeaChem Technology Institute will enable third parties to scale their efforts in a much more cost effective manner on a greatly accelerated timetable while avoiding the time, treasure and talent necessary to build, own and operate non-commercial demonstration facilities.
There are five types of customers who can benefit from working with ZeaChem in Boardman:
- Specialty feedstock growers who wish to demonstrate the type and quality of cellulosic hydrolysates that can be produced from their crops.
- Hydrolysis technologists who either want to run a particular combination of settings on ZeaChem's hydrolysis unit to produce hydrolysates, or who want to run the unit as a pretreatment system to create material that they further process with their own technology either on site or back home at their own facilities.
- Biologic technologists, who have their own organism that wish to run in ZeaChem's seed train as a pilot scale unit or in the demonstration scale production fermenters.
- Thermochemical technologists who wish to utilize ZeaChem's various catalytic reactors.
- Technologists who have other processing units, such as advanced hydrolysis, recovery or thermochemical systems, that could either supplement or complement the design configuration of a biorefinery.
ZeaChem is excited to open its Technology Institute platform and meaningfully support the great work that so many in the industry are doing. Parties interested in learning more about the ZeaChem Technology Institute and Processing Services should contact Zac Mitchell, ZeaChem's Commercial Development Manager, at (303) 838-2218 or [email protected].
About ZeaChem Inc.
ZeaChem Inc. is a biorefining project developer and operator. ZeaChem has built and operates a multi-million dollar, 250,000 gallon per year ethanol or equivalent biochemical output, Demonstration Plant in Boardman, OR. It is actively engineering its 1st Commercial project, which will be located adjacent to the Demonstration Plant and is continuously developing the portfolio of projects that will follow behind Boardman throughout the United States and around the world.
Please visit www.zeachem.com for more information.
SOURCE ZeaChem Inc.