LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., Sept. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in providing solutions and services that give enterprises real-time visibility and insight into its operations, today announced it has appointed Tom Bianculli to its newly created Chief Technology Officer (CTO) position to advance its leadership in the growing market of Enterprise Asset Intelligence (EAI). The appointment of Bianculli to CTO is a strategic move to address increasing demand for visibility solutions and expand the impact of Zebra's innovation, giving companies unprecedented visibility into operations so they can make better real-time decisions to drive growth, improve productivity and achieve higher levels of customer service.
- Zebra led the Enterprise Mobility revolution and is poised to lead the Enterprise Intelligence revolution as our customers embrace the digitization of their businesses.
- Under Bianculli's leadership, Zebra will further accelerate development of its marquee EAI innovations to further enhance strategic relationships with customers and partners. Zebra is helping them master the convergence of key digital trends including IoT, cloud computing and mobility to sense, analyze and mobilize actions to optimize operations.
- A key contributor to the articulation of Zebra's EAI strategy, Bianculli most recently served as vice president of Zebra's Emerging Technology Office. In this role, Bianculli testified on wearable technology before the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Working across Zebra, the CTO organization is assembling the platform components required to harness the power of data that Zebra's solutions can sense to enable emerging EAI solutions across the verticals we serve.
- Bianculli and his team have also spearheaded the development of new, vertical-specific EAI solutions. One example is the recently launched Trailer Load Analytics solution in the transportation & logistics industry, which utilizes Zebra sensors and analytics to aggregate data across thousands of dock doors to indicate the "next best action" to dock managers in real-time, increasing load efficiency and asset utilization.
- Later this month, Bianculli will be among the keynote speakers at the 2016 Strategic Innovation Symposium convened by the Technology and Entrepreneurship Center at Harvard (TECH) with support from Zebra. This invite-only Symposium will bring together 50 senior business leaders and technology innovators to explore the critical needs to define today's Intelligent Enterprise and explore best practice and opportunities for organizations of varying sizes and industries.
Anders Gustafsson, CEO, Zebra
"The formation of the Chief Technology Office is a company first for Zebra, underscoring our deep commitment to innovation and growth. Tom was an ideal fit for this role as he has been an integral part of advancing Enterprise Asset Intelligence. We are committed to building solutions that enhance real-time visibility for our customers and partners, and Tom's leadership as our new CTO will help make this happen."
With the unparalleled visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today's data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Therese Van Ryne
Industry Analyst Contact:
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2016 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Zebra Technologies Corporation