SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Zentera Systems, Inc., the leader in software-defined perimeters for hybrid computing environments, today announced its inclusion in the Gartner report, "Utilizing Hybrid Architectures for Cloud Computing" authored by analyst Alan D. Waite, for its Cloud over IP® (CoIP®) product offering. As the report notes, "Technical professionals must design for a hybrid world, where applications and data reside within an interconnected mesh of public cloud services, private clouds and data centers."*
Zentera's CoIP was listed as an example of hybrid infrastructure implementations, specifically a cloud network overlay solution. According to the report, "[Cloud network overlay solutions] bridge virtual private clouds (VPCs) in cloud providers with on-premises data center networks, thus effectively extending the data center network to the cloud provider."*
With the CoIP Enclave solution, companies can protect applications and workloads regardless of their physical location, in a type of software-defined perimeter called an enclave. CoIP Enclave offers comprehensive network security for enterprise applications running on-premise, in the hybrid cloud or moving to the cloud. It does not interfere with existing infrastructure and can be up and running in less than a day. Furthermore, CoIP Enclave provides unified, centrally managed security orchestration across any infrastructure. It can be deployed for one or more projects without disrupting others, while meeting compliance requirements.
"We greatly value Gartner's opinion. This is the latest of seven mentions** by Gartner this year, including being named a Cool Vendor in Cloud Security***," said Jaushin Lee, Zentera's CEO. "The hybrid world and its distributed technology silos need a simple and unified security solution such as CoIP Enclave to protect applications in on-premise or remote environments."
**Zentera Systems mentions by Gartner in 2017
- *Mentioned in "Utilizing Hybrid Architectures for Cloud Computing," Alan D. Waite, 10 November 2017.
- A Sample Vendor in "Hype Cycle for Business Continuity Management and IT Resilience, 2017" Roberta J. Witty, Mark Thomas Jaggers, John P. Morency, 2 August 2017.
- A Sample Vendor in "Hype Cycle for Infrastructure Strategies, 2017" Philip Dawson, Nathan Hill, 28 July 2017.
- A Sample Vendor in "Hype Cycle for Enterprise Networking and Communications, 2017" Danellie Young, Bjarne Munch, 20 June 2017.
- A Sample Vendor in "Hype Cycle for Cloud Security, 2017" Jay Heiser, 17 June 2017.
- ***A Cool Vendor in "Cool Vendors in Cloud Security, 2017" Jay Heiser, Greg Young, Steve Riley, Neil MacDonald, 26 May 2017.
- Mentioned in "Solution Path for Developing Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Strategies," Jason Normanton, 7 April 2017.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Zentera secures application workloads in hybrid environments with a type of software-defined perimeter called an enclave. The CoIP Enclave™ solution provides security and connectivity. It works with any infrastructure in any environment, does not interfere with existing infrastructure or security, and can be up and running in less than a day. CoIP Enclave provides comprehensive network security for enterprise applications in the cloud, moving to the cloud or on-premise, and is deployed for worldwide operations by global corporations. The company has received numerous honors and is based in Silicon Valley.
Mike Loftus, VP Strategy & Marketing
Zentera Systems, Inc.
All trademarks cited here are the properties of their respective owners.
SOURCE Zentera Systems, Inc.