PLANO, Texas, July 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- ZeOmega® Inc., a market leader in population health management solutions, has partnered with Durham NC-based Forecast Health(SM) Inc. to provide state-of-the-art risk analysis through Jiva™ Sentinel Predictive Analytics from ZeOmega. Referencing a rich warehouse of social determinants of health data, the predictive analytics solution now offers levels of accuracy nearly twice those of other commonly used patient-risk assessment tools. And those same social determinants of health data can be used to help identify and manage the causes of a patient's risk.
Most solutions on the market that claim to analyze social determinants of health use readily available, highly aggregated geographic data at the county, city, and ZIP-code levels. Yet geographic factors that may influence health outcomes, such as the availability of public transit between a patient's home and the hospital, can vary significantly within a ZIP code. Moreover, each patient brings hundreds of additional household and individual social and lifestyle factors into the risk equation.
"The World Health Organization and others have shown that claims and clinical records typically contain data that accounts for about 20% of a population's health outcomes," said Michael Cousins, president at Forecast Health. "Person-level social determinants of health account for the remaining 80%, and we are proud to partner with ZeOmega to bring this information to clinicians and help them improve health outcomes."
By integrating Forecast Health's analytics engine into the Jiva workflow, ZeOmega has vastly improved Sentinel Predictive Analytics' ability to identify and manage patient risk. Forecast Health analyzes 10,000 socioeconomic, behavioral, and lifestyle data sets — for example, family size, home type, financial stability, and access to private and public transportation — to assess at the patient level the potential for 30-day readmissions, non-adherence, emergency department visits, and other preventable health events. It also assesses the probability that certain interventions will mitigate those risks for individual patients.
"Other solutions fall short of true predictive modeling of social determinants of health," said Sam Rangaswamy, founder and chief executive officer at ZeOmega. "The data and statistical methods used here are up to the task of analyzing risk and predicting outcomes using clinical and claims data combined with social determinants of health at the level of individual patients.
"Sentinel Predictive Analytics gives health organizations much more than a traditional risk score," continues Rangaswamy. "It reveals the risk drivers themselves, some of which are beyond the four walls of the hospital or clinic, in a workflow that automates individualized management of high-risk patients — a powerful tool for improving care and patient satisfaction while reducing costs."
About Forecast Health
The next-generation analytics from Forecast Health help healthcare organizations improve patient and population health by identifying "impactable" patients who are at high risk of adverse events, and providing patient-specific guidance to mitigate that risk. To learn more, visit www.forecasthealth.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The powerful population health platform from ZeOmega delivers high-value, strategic solutions enabling payers and care-delivery organizations to improve individual health and provider performance. With deep domain expertise and a comprehensive understanding of complex population health challenges, ZeOmega serves as a true partner for clients, offering flexible deployment and delivery models that leverage an innovative platform designed to integrate workflow, analytics, content, and communication capabilities. By consistently meeting customer expectations and project benchmarks, ZeOmega has earned a reputation for responsiveness and reliability. For more information, visit www.zeomega.com or call 214-618-9880. Follow ZeOmega on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademark Information: ZeOmega and Jiva are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeOmega Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other marks or brands may be claimed as the property of others.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/zeomega-partners-with-forecast-health-creating-a-predictive-analytics-solution-in-a-class-by-itself-300301962.html