MUNICH, July 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Zerto, setting the standard for protection, recovery and migration of data in cloud and virtualized data centers, today announced it has strengthened its go-to-market execution with an enhanced Deutschland Austria and Switzerland (DACH) team to support business continuity and disaster recovery preparedness. The strategic appointments will meet the increasing demand for BC/DR software, and help organizations adopt best practices to prevent and quickly recover from unplanned IT data center outages.
Highlighting the significance of achieving uninterrupted IT operations to support critical business objectives such as maintaining regulatory compliance, MarketsandMarkets' Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) Global Forecast is projected to grow to approximately $12 billion (USD) by 2020 with a 53 percent CAGR.
Further evidencing the importance of business continuity, DACH region survey respondents from Business Continuity Institute's 2014 Horizon Scan noted increased concern over unplanned IT or telecommunications outages, and security issues such as cyber-attacks and data breaches impacting critical business functions. Within this same survey it was noted that only 18 percent of IT budgets are increasing to address these issues, stressing the importance of maximizing vital IT investments. To help customers and channel partners rapidly and cost effectively deploy BC/DR software and support DRaaS offerings, Zerto has appointed the following Zerto DACH team members:
- Reinhard Zimmer - Regional Sales Manager for Germany. Zimmer is an experienced IT professional and former IBM executive with a 20 year career including a role as Sales Director at Syncsort where he helped establish a successful distribution network across the region.
- Johan van den Boogaart - Regional Sales Manager for Southern Germany, Austria and Switzerland. With over 15 years' experience, van den Boogaart joins Zerto following successful sales positions at Nexenta and Acronis.
- Ben Geyer - Solutions Engineer. Geyer joins Zerto following internal roles with EMC and working with reseller partners including Bechtle, PMCS and Unisys across projects spanning financial services, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, energy and public transportation.
- Andreas Mayer - Marketing Manager, DACH region. Prior to this role, Mayer was Marketing Manager at CommVault responsible for the Central European Region and over his career has worked in senior marketing and business development positions at Fujitsu Siemens and Comparex Informationssysteme.
Peter Godden, VP EMEA, Zerto
"We believe it is critical to support our channel partners and customers with local expertise and the team we have assembled offers a great balance of sales and technical experience to help us meet growing demand. As organizations endeavour to protect critical business applications and in light of growing adoption of the ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management standard, our investment will help support existing customers and grow our business across the region."
- MarketsandMarkets - Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) Global Forecast to 2020
- Business Continuity Institute - Horizon Scan 2014 Report
Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company's flagship product, Zerto Virtual Replication, has become the standard for protection, recovery and migration of applications in cloud and virtualized data centers, and won numerous awards, including Best of Show at VMworld 2011, Best of VMworld Europe 2014, as well as 2011, 2012 and 2013 Product of the Year Awards for its innovative hypervisor-based replication approach. For more information, go to http://www.zerto.com.