CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Dec. 14, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Even Santa waits until the very last minute to deliver presents. Zipcar, the world's largest car-sharing company, wants consumers to know that if they're feeling behind on their gift lists or overwhelmed with holiday errands, Zipcar is here to help.
According to the National Retail Federation, by the second week of December last year, the average person had completed less than half (46.7 percent) of their holiday shopping, and nearly 42 million Americans (19.1 percent) had yet to begin shopping. And, like every year, the question still remains: how does one do it all while avoiding the inevitable last-minute holiday travel and gift-giving crises?
Whether reserving a Zipcar to ease an all-day holiday shopping marathon or giving Zipcertificates to family and co-workers, the company has a solution for every holiday worry.
- Ship All Your Gifts in One Easy Trip: If you've been procrastinating with sending holiday packages out to friends and family, reserve a Zipcar to do it all in one fell swoop, and make the most of your post-office trip.
- Buy Online Gift Certificates: Zipcar's Zipcertificates, which start at $50 and can be used to pay for membership or driving costs, are a simple solution for those in need of a great last minute gift without the cost and hassles of expedited shipping. Purchase a Zipcertificate at www.zipcar.com/gift, and receive an email to forward or print within minutes -- no shipping or wrapping required.
- Put a Time Limit on Holiday Events: Party-overload is a common stressor at the holidays. Before you walk through the door, assign yourself a departure time, and stick to it. You'll feel in-control and have more time for yourself. Having a Zipcar is a built-in excuse to head out early, in order to return the car on time.
- Give in to the Weekend: For some, the holiday season means long weekends and endless hours of football. For others, however, it's year-end deadlines and an impossible schedule of back-to-back meetings. The best way to recharge after being cooped up in the office is to reserve a Zipcar and take a road trip! Zipcar even offers special members-only deals on regional activities, restaurants, hotels and more at http://www.zipcar.com/benefits.
- Put Your Presents to Use in a Zipcar: Don't just give your husband a new pair of hiking boots; reserve a Zipcar and take him for a drive out of town for a hike in his new kicks. Did you get your wife that same old gift certificate to her same old favorite restaurant again this year? Spice up your night out with one of Zipcar's luxury models.
Zipcar certainly sympathizes with holiday stress and the procrastinators of the world, which is why you can reserve a car online or from a mobile phone just seconds before it is needed. For more information on Zipcar, to become a member or purchase a Zipcertificate, visit www.zipcar.com.
Zipcar is the world's leading car-sharing service with more than 500,000 members and 8,000 vehicles in urban areas and college campuses throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Zipcar offers more than 30 makes and models of self-service vehicles by the hour or day to residents and businesses looking for an alternative to the high costs and hassles of owning a car. More information is available at www.zipcar.com.
Zipcar and the Zipcar logo are trademarks of Zipcar, Inc.