SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- As Americans prepare for the most-watched football game of the year, Zoosk.com, the world's largest social dating community, surveyed over 1,000 singles to gather their thoughts on the game, teams, and players. Zoosk's findings include:
Women prefer watching football to having sex.
- 73% of women responded that they'd rather watch Sunday's big game than have sex, whereas nearly 50% of men said they'd rather have sex than watch the game. Only 27% of women preferred sex to watching the game.
The sexes are divided on who they hope will win.
- 57% of men said they're rooting for the Green Bay Packers.
- 54% of women said they'll be cheering for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Ryan Clark (Steelers) is voted the hottest player.
- Who will be MVP is yet to be decided, but singles agree the MAP – Most Attractive Player – is Ryan Clark (Steelers).
- Aaron Rodgers (Packers), Mason Crosby (Packers) and Hines Ward (Steelers) followed.
Singles rank Green Bay, Wisconsin a "less romantic" city than Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- When asked which city with a major football team they'd most want to visit for a romantic weekend, Green Bay and Pittsburgh both fared badly - but Green Bay came in dead last.
Men and women agree on the best part of this Sunday's football experience: the game.
- 57% of singles surveyed said they get most excited about the game.
- 20% ranked TV ads the #1 reason to watch, while 16% responded "the partying."
- Only 7% ranked the half-time show as their favorite.
Guys want to grab a beer with Brett Favre, whereas women want Tom Brady.
- Men chose Brett Favre (32%) as their preferred drinking buddy, followed by Peyton Manning (22%), Drew Brees (18%), Tom Brady (14%), Ladainian Tomlinson (8%) and Jason Taylor (6%).
- Women chose Tom Brady (32%) followed by Drew Brees (20%), Peyton Manning (17%), Brett Favre (14%), Jason Taylor (12%) and Ladainian Tomlinson (5%).
The Zoosk poll was conducted online in January 2011 and fielded 1,048 responses from singles in the United States who use Zoosk.
Zoosk is the world's largest social dating community, with millions of singles from around the globe using the service each month. Zoosk provides a safe and fun online dating experience that users can easily access from Zoosk's website, social networking applications, mobile services, and downloadable desktop application. Zoosk is available in more than 20 languages and has subscribers in more than 60 countries. The service enables users to join, browse, and send a limited number of messages for free. Zoosk users can upgrade to a premium subscription for full access or purchase virtual currency to buy select features and virtual gifts. Founded in 2007 by Shayan Zadeh and Alex Mehr, the company is based in San Francisco and backed by Canaan Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and ATA Ventures.