SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- With the Academy Awards® approaching, Zoosk.com – the world's largest social dating community – surveyed over 1,000 singles to discover their thoughts about the year's sexiest Oscar-nominated films, stars, and scenes.
"Watching a movie is a great date activity," says Shayan Zadeh, Zoosk's co-founder and co-CEO. "That's why we were interested to hear how singles felt about this year's Oscar nominees."
Zoosk discovered that:
The steamiest Oscar-nominated sex scene belongs to Black Swan.
When asked to pick the "steamiest sex scene" among this year's Oscar-nominated films:
- 41% of singles chose Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis's scene in Black Swan.
- 23% voted for Amy Adams and Mark Wahlberg in The Fighter, 17% chose Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling in Blue Valentine, 7% picked Rapunzel and Flynn Rider in Tangled. 6% chose Tilda Swinton and Eduardo Gabriellini in I Am Love, and 6% picked Julianne Moore and Mark Ruffalo in The Kids Are Alright.
Men want to grab a meal with Jeff Bridges; women simply want to grab James Franco.
When asked which Oscar-nominated actor they'd most want to take to dinner, single men and women have very different views:
- 39% of men (compared to 15% of women) chose Jeff Bridges; 31% of women (compared to 16% of men) picked James Franco.
- 25% of men (compared to 17% of women) picked Christian Bale; 18% of women (compared to 9% of men) selected Colin Firth.
- 10% of women (compared to 6% of men) selected Mark Ruffalo, and 9% of women (compared to 5% of men) voted for Javier Bardem.
Natalie Portman is the best dinner partner among Oscar-nominated actresses, men and women agree.
When asked which Oscar-nominated actress they'd most want to take to dinner, men and women agree on their #1 pick.
- 37% of men (and 31% of women) chose Natalie Portman.
- 22% of men (and 26% of women) selected Nicole Kidman.
- 20% of men (and 16% of women) picked Amy Adams.
- 9% of men (and 15% of women) chose Helena Bonham Carter, 8% of men (and 8% of women) chose Michelle Williams, and 5% of men (and 4% of women) selected Jennifer Lawrence.
36% of singles say "it wouldn't be the Oscars without Joan Rivers."
- 40% of women and 32% of men feel that Joan Rivers is a necessary part of the Academy Awards.
Singles say Black Swan is the best date movie.
When asked which Best Picture nominee made the "best date movie," the votes were:
- Black Swan (22%), Inception (15%), The Social Network (14%), Toy Story 3 (13%), The Fighter (11%), True Grit (8%), The King's Speech (7%), The Kids Are Alright (6%), 127 Hours (3%), Winter's Bone (2%).
The Zoosk poll was conducted online in February 2011 and fielded 1,028 responses from singles in the United States who use Zoosk.
Zoosk is the world's largest social dating community, with millions of singles from around the globe using the service each month. Zoosk provides a safe and fun online dating experience that users can easily access from Zoosk's website, social networking applications, mobile services, and downloadable desktop application. Zoosk is available in more than 20 languages and has subscribers in more than 60 countries. The service enables users to join, browse, and send a limited number of messages for free. Zoosk users can upgrade to a premium subscription for full access or purchase virtual currency to buy select features and virtual gifts. Founded in 2007 by Shayan Zadeh and Alex Mehr, the company is based in San Francisco and backed by Canaan Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and ATA Ventures.