NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Zype (www.zype.com), the leader in video content management and distribution infrastructure, saw strong growth in 2018 driven by significant platform innovations and the continued expansion of its industry-leading API integrations for customers and VidOps engineers and developers. The company grew its customer base by more than 52 percent. Those customers experienced a 400 percent increase in premium mobile video sessions, speaking to larger trends taking place in the streaming video industry.
"It is an exciting time to be in the video streaming space as content owners have more avenues to connect with audiences that are eager to purchase and engage with targeted, premium content," said Ed Laczynski, CEO at Zype. "We are proud of our focus on helping video product teams quickly deliver and monetize awesome video streaming services with low overhead and high reliability."
Zype helps customers easily stream across popular viewing platforms including the web, connected TV such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Samsung Tizen, Android TV, and mobile including iOS, Google Play Store, and Samsung Galaxy. It also provides seamless payment processing and universal authentication across these marketplaces through its Marketplace Connect service. In addition, Zype's Live service supports easy-to-use simultaneous multicasting to O&O, Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Periscope, Twitch and more. Zype's open API framework and Zapier app allows for thousands of other integrations to leading business, marketing, analytics and financial applications. Zype provides customers with easy access to the most integrations within the video streaming and SaaS ecosystem industry.
During the year, Zype made a number of significant announcements to support and execute on its strategy to provide video-driven organizations with an easy-to-use flexible platform for video distribution and monetization:
- Ad monetization capabilities including support for server-side ad integration, ad pods, companion ads and player-level ad configuration.
- Marketplace Connect, simplifying payment processing and authentication across multiple mobile, connected TV and web-based app marketplaces.
- Video Analytics APIs for generating custom reporting, ETLs and integrations into popular 3rd party data tools
- Full suite of Live Events APIs providing customers with end-to-end configuration and management of live event broadcast via API
- Automated workflows and integrations with 1,000's of leading SaaS applications through the Zapier marketplace
- Robust, easy to use Live Social Multicasting to Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Periscope, and Twitch
- Wordpress plugin for easy and powerful video and paywall integrations onto WordPress websites
- Play through distribution to the XUMO marketplace
- Enhanced affiliate marketing integration support
In addition to these product announcements, in October Zype introduced the VidOps Framework to the video industry, an open and collaborative guide to helping connect video teams, tools and processes. To read more about VidOps, please visit: https://www.zype.com/vidops/. The company was also recognized for its outstanding customer success by the Stevie Awards and was included in the 2018 Inc. Magazine's list of fastest growing companies in the nation.
"Our team came through big-time in 2018 to help Zype have its best year ever," said Laczynski. "Our awesome, growing customer base also played a large role in our growth as they are fearless when innovating new video services for customers."
Zype empowers video operations teams to build amazing direct-to-consumer video streaming services across the web, mobile, connected TV, and social media. Zype provides the most powerful and reliable cloud-based video content management and distribution infrastructure, with leading-edge monetization options, business analytics, automation, and integrations with thousands of SaaS applications.
Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York, NY. Zype is a privately held company with over 180 customers worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.zype.com.