SAN RAMON, Calif., Jan. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- The ZigBee® Alliance, a global ecosystem of companies creating wireless solutions for use in energy management, commercial and consumer applications, today announced the certification of 11 devices from five different companies using ZigBee Home Automation. There are now 28 products certified to help consumers and professional installers create smart homes that control home appliances, lighting, heating and cooling, energy use and security.
According to ABI Research, home automation system shipments will approach 2.8 million in 2011 as standards-based mainstream home automation systems and home automation as a service expand rapidly in 2010. New standards-based wireless technologies such as ZigBee mean that many mainstream home automation installations are decreasing in price, while the segment is further driven by the growing availability of peripheral components, according to the same report.
"ZigBee Home Automation is generating new opportunities for companies and consumers to create smart homes," said Bob Heile, chairman of the ZigBee Alliance. "With this newest group of certifications, it's clear that our members and the marketplace see ZigBee as a key driver in making home automation systems reliable and more accessible for consumers everywhere."
The following ZigBee Home Automation certified products are fully interoperable. They will be branded with the ZigBee Certified logo and the ZigBee Home Automation icon on product packaging and advertisements to clearly communicate interoperability to the marketplace. For a full list of features and product photos, please visit www.zigbee.org/homeautomation.
- adhoco – adhoco.S1 is a small, combined light on/off actuator and light switch sensor fitting behind light control switches of any type at 230 VAC operation. It features an indicator LED and a multi-purpose pushbutton.
- Develco - ZHWR201 – ZigBee Wallplug Meter Relay HA is a wall mounted on/off switch with submetering capability offering control of equipment remotely via ZigBee.
- Develco - ZHDR201 – ZigBee DIN Meter Relay HA is an on/off switch with submetering capability for DIN rail mounting offering control of equipment remotely via ZigBee allowing users to control home appliances in groups versus separately.
- Develco - ZHGG101 – ZigBee-GSM Gateway HA is a combined interface device serving as GSM gateway and data concentrator for meters with the ability to configure and control other ZigBee Home Automation devices.
- Develco - ZHEG101 – ZigBee-Ethernet Gateway HA is a combined interface device serving as Ethernet gateway and data concentrator for meters with the ability to configure and control other ZigBee Home Automation devices.
- Freescale Semiconductor – MC13202 + QE128 is an RF transceiver + MCU platform providing a flexible, low-power solution for ZigBee Home Automation devices including lighting and HVAC control.
- Freescale Semiconductor – MC1322x is a hardware and software platform providing a complete out-of-box ZigBee Home Automation experience for lighting and HVAC devices controlled through a Freescale PC-based GUI.
- Ubilogix – Ubiqua CI is a combined USB dongle and software package allowing users to control and monitor a wide variety of ZigBee Home Automation devices from your PC or through the Internet.
- SimpleHomeNet – ZBLC15 is a medium power dual-relay (15A) load controller featuring a compact size allowing it to be placed inside a single-gang box to provide intelligent control to a regular AC outlet.
- SimpleHomeNet – ZBLC30 is a versatile dual-relay load controller capable of smartening high current appliances such as air conditioners, water heaters, pool pumps, and more.
- SimpleHomeNet – ZBWS 3-Button Key Pad Switch is a versatile keypad switch that brings low-cost control of ZigBee on/off devices.
ZigBee Home Automation: Control for Smart Homes
ZigBee Home Automation provides a global wireless standard for the control of HVAC systems, power outlets, motorized devices, security, window shades, doorbells and other devices. Product manufacturers will benefit from this standardized approach that makes devices reliable, affordable, easy-to-install and operate. Products using ZigBee Home Automation are ideal for new construction, do-it-yourself and retrofit markets.
ZigBee: Control your world
ZigBee is the global wireless language connecting dramatically different devices to work together and enhance everyday life. The ZigBee Alliance is a non-profit association of more than 340 members driving development of ZigBee wireless technology. The Alliance promotes world-wide adoption of ZigBee as the leading wirelessly networked, sensing and control standard for use in consumer electronic, energy, home, commercial and industrial areas. For more information, visit: www.ZigBee.org.
SOURCE ZigBee Alliance