AUBURN HILLS, Mich., April 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Mopar®, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand, today served up 12 gift ideas for mom and mom's ride.
"From safety kits to our industry-first Electronic Vehicle Tracking System, we have something for every Mopar mother out there," said Tricia Hecker, Head of Mopar Marketing. "In addition, we offer more than 100,000 parts and accessories for Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram and Fiat vehicles at our Mopar eStore where customers may simply order from their computer and have items shipped to their doorstep."
Following are Mopar's 12 gift ideas for Mother's Day:
For Moms Looking for Safety and Security Features:
1. Roadside Safety Kit: A valuable asset for any roadside emergency. Kit includes safety flashlight, fleece blanket, six-gauge jumper cables, safety triangle, flat and Phillips screwdrivers, pliers, two bungee cords and gloves. (Part No. 82211983, MSRP: $103.00)
2. Mopar Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): Time is of the essence when it comes to stolen-vehicle recovery. Mopar's Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS) works 24/7 with nationwide coverage to keep track of your vehicle. This GPS-enabled real-time tracking system includes a $1,000 Theft Protection Warranty and is transferable. Optional upgrade plans provide Emergency Service Dispatch and OnCall™ on-board panic button. Features such as setting speed and distance parameters with text alerts, unlimited online tracking, and full concierge service are also offered. (MSRP: $459, Part No. 82212457)
For Moms on the Go:
3. Mopar Portable Navigation System: This Garmin nuvi® 3760T is an ultra-thin navigator with uRoute™ technology with trafficTrends™ and myTrends.™ Automatic self-learning, with arrival-time estimate. Features on the multi-touch dual-orientation 4.3-inch wide-screen glass display include lane assist with junction view, Bluetooth® wireless, FM lifetime traffic, pre-loaded street maps for North America, spoken street names, Where am I?, photo navigation, ecoRoute,™ pedestrian navigation options, and hands-free calling capabilities. (Part No. 82212492, MSRP: $399.00)
4. Uconnect™ WEB: Uconnect Web's in-car router receives 3G broadband Internet, allowing passengers to surf the Web, social-network, look up directions, check e-mail, play online games, or download music. Works with any Wi-Fi-enabled device. No cell cards or software required. Subscription required; sold separately. (Part No. 82211856AB, MSRP: $499.00)
5. DVD Rear-Seat Video Headphones: Wireless headphones available for various DVD systems in a variety of makes and models. (Part numbers vary, MSRP: $69.00 - $149.00)
6. Slush Mats: Heavy-duty mats feature deep grooves that help prevent water, snow, and mud from spilling onto the floor. Available in a variety of vehicle interior colors. (Part numbers vary, MSRP: $43.00 - $162.00)
7. Sport Utility Bars: These heavy-duty bars increase a vehicle's cargo capacity and accommodates all of Mopar's sports and cargo carriers. (Part numbers vary, MSRP: $210 - $403)
8. Roof Box Cargo Carrier: Keeps cargo dry and secure. Tough, locking thermoplastic carrier features quarter turn installation and gas-cylinder opening system. Attaches to Sport Utility Bars. (Part umbers vary, MSRP: $516-532)
For Moms Looking for Luxury:
9. Katzkin Leather Interiors: Katzkin offers premium leather-trimmed packages with embroideries, piping, two-tones, suede and much more in many different colors. Ask your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Ram dealership for more information.
10. Premium Carpet Floor Mats: Plush carpet mats feature rubber-nibbed backing with driver-side retention to help keep them in place. Available in a variety of interior colors with a variety of vehicle or brand logos. (Part numbers vary, MSRP: $35.00 - $118.00)
11. Kicker® Premium Audio Systems: Speakers, subwoofers and amplifiers are designed specifically for each vehicle, maximizing the sound experience. KICKER parts install easily; just bolt and plug them in. No cutting or soldering required. See your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Ram dealership for more information.
12. Chrome Door Sill Guards: Add a touch of stainless steel style while protecting a vehicle's interior door sills from scratches. Chrome Door Sill Guards are available in both non-illuminated and illuminated for a variety of vehicles with a variety of logos. (Part numbers vary, MSRP: $25.00 - $454.00)
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- Vehicle-information smartphone apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to introduce new vehicle tracking system that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on set parameters
- 2011 Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- WiFi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand.
Mopar distributes approximately 280,000 parts and accessories in more than 90 countries and is the source for all original-equipment parts for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and Fiat North America vehicles. Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered and tested with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and Fiat North America vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
More than 70 Years of Mopar
When Chrysler bought Dodge in 1928, the need for a dedicated parts manufacturer, supplier and distribution system to support the growing enterprise led to the formation of the Chrysler Motor Parts Corporation (CMPC) in 1929.
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words Motor and PARts) was trademarked for a line of antifreeze products in 1937. It also was widely used as a moniker for the CMPC. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s—the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth "package cars" equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of "special parts" for super stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC