COSTA MESA, Calif., Feb. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- NADAguides, the leading provider of vehicle pricing and information, names the all-new 2011 gasoline-electric "sport-hybrid" Honda CR-Z the NADAguides Car of the Month for February 2011.
- The 2011 Honda CR-Z was selected as the NADAguides Car of the Month based on the quality of both interior and exterior engineering, as well as fuel efficiency, safety features, value and its ability to redefine the standards for the hybrid industry by pairing performance and efficiency with Honda's 3-Mode Drive System.
- The market analysts at NADAguides saw an 89 percent increase in consumer interest for the 2011 Honda CR-Z on NADAguides.com in the fourth quarter of 2010; representing the largest increase in traffic for its segment.
- Website data also showed that the 2011 Honda CR-Z maintained an upward trend through December 2010, while the competitors in this segment (Scion tC, Mini Cooper, Ford Fiesta, Kia Forte Koup and the Mazda3) saw interest decline from the third to the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Honda's tagline for the two-seater CR-Z is "Complete Opposites in Complete Harmony" and the market analysts at NADAguides could not agree more. Honda has built the perfect oxymoron in the automotive industry: exciting performance with excellent fuel efficiency of 34 miles per gallon (MPG) combined. The CR-Z sport hybrid comes with exciting features such as the 3-Mode Drive System, Bluetooth®, Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™, Idle Stop Feature and a 6-speed manual transmission.
- With a starting price of $19,345, the Honda CR-Z offers consumers great performance and features for an incredible and affordable value.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides: "The Honda CR-Z offers a complete enhancement to the compact sport driving experience. The 3-Mode Drive System sets this vehicle apart from any other sport compact. The "Sport" mode provides the ability to experience the full RPM spectrum of the 6-speed manual for an invigorating driving experience, while the "Econ" mode provides the ability to cruise with maximum fuel efficiency. We think drivers will appreciate that the CR-Z is NOT your typical hybrid; allowing the ability to choose the drive mode and performance gives complete control back to the driver."
- Chris Martin, Honda Public Relations, American Honda Motor Co., Inc.: "The CR-Z sport hybrid coupe is redefining people's perceptions of what a hybrid can be. It's definitely an honor to have this segment-defining new car recognized by NADAguides as the Car of the Month."
2011 Honda CR-Z Highlights
- 3-Mode Drive System (Sport/Normal/Econ): This driving system allows the driver to tailor the driving experience to the actual conditions such as city traffic or personal preference. The CR-Z defaults to its Normal mode upon engine start each time. This mode provides standard settings for all systems. Sport mode utilizes the electric motor more aggressively to provide quicker acceleration, throttle response and tight handling. The Econ button optimizes the vehicle power and accessory load for maximum efficiency. The market analysts at NADAguides found the 3-Mode Drive System to be the true technological advancement that makes the CR-Z stand out from the rest in its class.
- Engine: The 2011 Honda CR-Z is powered by a 122-hp, 1.5-liter, 16-valve i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine with Integrated Motor Assist (IMA®) providing low-rpm torque. The CR-Z EX Navi tested included a 6-speed manual transmission that achieves an estimated 31 MPG in the city and 37 MPG on the highway. Honda also offers the continuously variable transmission (CVT) on the CR-Z that achieves an estimated 35 MPG in the city and 39 MPG on the highway. The Idle Stop Feature literally shuts the engine off when not in use to further improve fuel efficiency.
- Interior: The CR-Z comes with an Immobilizer Theft-Deterrent System, automatic climate control with air filtration and steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters. Additionally, the NADAguides' market analysts found that the futuristic look and layout of the dash instruments were intuitive, easily accessible and well designed with a purpose.
- Audio/Navigation Technology: The Honda CR-Z includes a 160-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with 6 speakers and comes equipped with an MP3/auxiliary input jack and a USB Audio Interface. The Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ provides drivers with convenient directions and the Bluetooth®HandsFreeLink® system allows for safe driving.
- Safety: The Honda CR-Z felt solid and safe when driving in all conditions and comes standard with six airbags, 4-wheel ABS brakes, Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control and a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). The Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure of the CR-Z distributes crash energy more evenly in the event of an accident. Projection-beam halogen headlights provide clear visibility in the nighttime.
- Price: The 2011 Honda CR-Z starts at $19,345 and reaches just over $23,000 for the fully loaded CVT EX w/ Navi trim. With a 5-year/60,000 mile drive train warranty, the CR-Z offers outstanding value in the hybrid car segment.
About NADAguides Car of the Month Award
The NADAguides Car of the Month award provides consumers with practical information on new cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the market analysts at NADAguides for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal. Criteria used to determine the Car of the Month includes: quality of engineering, fuel efficiency, safety equipment and ratings, pricing and overall value, sales trends, and consumer market interest on NADAguides.com and test drives performed by NADAguides market analysts. Car of the Month vehicles are eligible for the NADAguides Car of the Year award.
As a company devoted to the advancement of human mobility, Honda's innovative research and development efforts during the past decade have yielded such diverse outcomes as humanoid robotics, walking assist devices, HondaJet, fuel cell electric vehicle technology, thin film solar cells, increased rice crop yields and functional nano-materials – in addition to the design and development of automobiles, motorcycles and power equipment products. Based on its belief in the value of technology to address the needs of society, it is Honda's mission to develop products that anticipate and satisfy the evolving needs of its customers while meeting society's demand for cleaner, safer, more efficient and sustainable means of transportation and human mobility.
NADAguides (www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.
NADAguides Car of the Month for February
NADAguides on Twitter
NADAguides on Facebook
NADAguides on YouTube