COSTA MESA, Calif., April 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- NADAguides, the leading provider of vehicle pricing and information, names the all-new 2011 Hyundai Equus Car of the Month for April 2011.
- The 2011 Hyundai Equus was selected by NADAguides as the Car of the Month based on its interior styling, unmatched comfort, top-end luxury features, smooth performance and power and overall quality of engineering. With no benchmark for Hyundai in the luxury category, the Equus exceeded the expectations of NADAguides' analysts.
- Upon first glance, it would be easy to confuse the Equus with a European or Japanese competitor (Competitors include: Audi A8, Lexus LS 460, Mercedes-Benz S-Class and BMW 7 Series). However, further investigation reveals a dynamic combination of an all-encompassing feature set and prestigious quality that is unique to the Equus. This simple, plentiful and yet elegant package is what you'd expect of a luxury vehicle...and then some.
- The Equus takes driver comfort seriously with 12-way adjustable leather seats that are equipped with heating and cooling systems, as well as a massage system that is superior to others on the market today. Hyundai also took passenger and rear passenger comfort into consideration, providing first class, touring vehicle luxury seating throughout the entire vehicle.
- The Equus also surges ahead of the competition with successful attention to detail. Fit and finish is clean and all interior controls are very intuitive requiring just seconds to customize the entire experience. The Lexicon© premium sound system with 17 speakers, easy-to-use Bluetooth interface, forward and rearview cameras, Air Quality system, plus a total of 9 airbags make the Equus' overall design and styling that much more enticing.
- The Hyundai Equus starts at $58,000 with the four door sedan Signature model and features a 378 horsepower, 4.6 liter, V8 engine.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides: "Without a benchmark, what Hyundai could produce for the upper-luxury market was a mystery. What Hyundai has created with the Equus is the most distinguished, fulfilling and desirable luxury vehicle we have driven. The quality and care taken to produce even the simplest of switches and knobs is more than required. There is a very appealing draw to a vehicle that not only gets you to your destination in style, but relaxed and with a huge smile on your face. The Equus is undoubtedly the most elegant and gratifying luxury vehicle available under $65k. You want to drive this car. If the luxury drawing board were yours, the Equus would be the result."
- Mike O'Brien, vice president, Product and Corporate Planning, Hyundai Motor America: "Hyundai's flagship Equus sedan features numerous luxury features typically found in vehicles costing thousands of dollars more. Equus customers have an ownership experience unlike any other, with the industry's first at-home vehicle demonstration program, 'Your Time, Your Place' and Valet Service program. Being named NADAguides Car of the Month is another example of how the Equus is redefining intelligent luxury."
2011 Hyundai Equus Highlights
- Engine: The 2011 Hyundai Equus comes equipped with a V8, 4.6L engine with 378 horsepower providing a fuel efficiency of 16 in the city and 24 on the highway. Standard front and rear suspension is an electronically controlled air suspension with Continuous Damping Control (CDC). Both trims are available in rear wheel drive only and have a 6 speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC.
- Interior: Standard interior comfort features include full leather seats, power sunroof, Air Quality System, dual-zone automatic climate control and Bluetooth. An Ultimate Package upgrade is available which converts the rear seating to two first-class seats featuring heating and cooling systems, as well as message systems; the rear passenger seat behind the passenger front seat can also be transformed into a comfortable reclining position. The rear Executive seating also includes a compartment refrigerator, temperature control sensors and entertainment system with 8-inch screen. Rear passengers also have the option of eliminating sun or perhaps passersby with the rear side-window sunshades, which can be opened and closed with the touch of a button.
- Technology: The 2011 Hyundai Equus exterior is equipped with standard HID headlamps and rain-sensing windshield wipers. Inside of the 2011 Equus, the cabin is surrounded by 7.1 surround sound audio from a 608-watt, 6-disc CD changer-equipped stereo system. The 8-inch Driver Information and Navigation System screen is far from overwhelming; the controls are intuitive and placed nicely near the center console. Drivers can also stay informed of their vehicle's stats with the Supervision Cluster located in the dash for easy viewing. Whether you want to see fuel economy achieved, how many miles until empty or need a lane departure guide, the 3.5 inch color LCD monitor does it all.
- Safety: High-tech standard safety features on the 2011 Equus include the smart cruise control, lane departure warning system and a total of nine airbags. The Parking Guide System has rear and front sensors and also provides superimposed graphic guidelines to help direct drivers in even the tightest parking spots.
- Other: The Equus features the industry's first at-home vehicle demonstration program, 'Your Time, Your Place' and Valet Service program. Hyundai also teams up with Apple by including and Apple iPad with every Equus which includes the owner's manual and customer service information.
- Price: The 2011 Hyundai Equus four-door sedan Signature starts at $58,000 while the four-door sedan Ultimate grade starts at $64,500.
About NADAguides Car of the Month Award
The NADAguides Car of the Month award provides consumers with practical information on cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal. Criteria used to determine the Car of the Month includes: quality of engineering, fuel efficiency, safety equipment and ratings, pricing and overall value, sales trends, and consumer market interest on NADAguides.com and test drives performed by NADAguides' analysts. Car of the Month vehicles are eligible for the NADAguides Car of the Year award.
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 800 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle warranty, Hyundai's 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty and 5-years of complimentary Roadside Assistance.
NADAguides (www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.
NADAguides on Twitter
NADAguides on Facebook
NADAguides on YouTube