NEW YORK, March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The all-new 2014 Jeep Cherokee Jeep® raises the bar with legendary benchmark capability, world-class on-road dynamics, fuel economy up to 31 mpg, revolutionary Jeep design with world-class craftsmanship inside and out, and an array of advanced safety and technology features.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/60822-all-new-2014-jeep-cherokee-no-compromise-mid-size-suv
The mid-sized Jeep Cherokee will come in Limited and Trailhawk editions both boasting new four-wheel drive systems that raise the standard in the segment.
Among the Cherokee's groundbreaking features:
- Jeep® Active Drive I with one-speed power transfer unit (PTU)
- Jeep Active Drive II with two-speed PTU and low range
- Jeep Active Drive Lock with two-speed PTU, low range and locking rear differential
- New Jeep Selec-Terrain traction control system with up to five customized modes – Auto, Snow, Sport, Sand/Mud and Rock
- Best-in-class V-6 towing capability – 4,500 pounds
- Jeep Trail Rated capability
- Up to a 56:1 crawl ratio, a 90-percent improvement versus the outgoing model
- Vastly improved fuel economy – up to 31 mpg
- First SUV with nine-speed automatic transmission
- Industry-first rear-axle disconnect resulting in reduced energy loss when 4x4 capability isn't needed; improving fuel efficiency
- 2.4-liter Tigershark MultiAir I-4 delivers a more than 45 percent fuel economy improvement versus outgoing model and nearly 500-mile range
- First use of Chrysler Group's new 3.2-liter Pentastar V-6 engine Superior on-road ride and handling
- First Jeep vehicle to utilize Chrysler Group's Compact U.S. Wide (CUS-wide) platform
- New independent front and rear suspension
"The all-new 2014 Jeep Cherokee will be the benchmark for mid-size SUVs with a new level of on-road driving dynamics and fuel economy, while at the same time improving the 4x4 capability that customers expect from Jeep," said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "Jeep Cherokee boasts a new design, a nine-speed automatic transmission and two advanced engines, class-leading capability from three innovative 4x4 systems, more than 70 safety features, and a host of new technology features."
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC