SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Traditional weight and cardio training classes are a thing of the past. In 2014, fitness fans are flocking to new training regimens that are sure to be this year's hottest workouts, and they can all be found at SweatGuru, the marketplace that connects people with fitness classes and experiences. This year's top fitness classes include weightless workouts that rely on one's own body weight rather than free weights or weight machines, high-intensity workouts that take less time but deliver solid results, and even exhilarating cardio dance classes inspired by Bollywood.
SweatGuru's fitness class picks for 2014 are all designed to promote better form, strengthen your core, increase flexibility, build muscles and endurance, burn calories and avoid injury. They are:
- Suspension Training: Ever seen circus acts that feature dancers moving through the air suspended by cables? Imagine doing that in an exercise class! In Informed Technique® suspension training classes, you'll improve body awareness and alignment, tone and strengthen without bulking, and improve balance and flexibility.
- Barre Classes: Envy a dancer's body? Get yours in any number of exercise classes that use ballet barres to strengthen, tighten, elongate and invigorate.
- Functional Training: Ditch the weights and weight machines. In functional training workouts, you'll use your own, or your partner's, body weight, to get fit.
- High-Intensity Workouts: Get more done in less time with short, yet high-intensity workouts that burn calories and promote all-over strength and conditioning.
- Bollywood Cardio Dance Classes: Salsas, jazz dances, hip-hop; sure they're all fun. But why not spice things up with some Indian dance moves straight from Bollywood? If you're in the NYC area, Ajna Dance is your best bet!
Find these and a variety of other fitness classes at www.sweatguru.com.
SweatGuru is the online marketplace for fitness classes and experiences. By allowing anyone to organize, discover, book and share fitness classes online, SweatGuru takes the work out of working out. The company offers fitness professionals easy-to-use, affordable online business management solutions for marketing, scheduling, payments and more, allowing busy fitness professionals to spend more time teaching and less time behind a desk. SweatGuru is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.