HOUSTON, March 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The 46th annual Meritorious Awards for Engineering Innovation honors engineering excellence and achievement in the upstream petroleum industry. The MEA program honors new products and technologies that demonstrate innovation in concept, design and application. E&P Magazine editors will present medallions and plaques to the 2016 winners of Hart Energy's MEAs on Monday, May 2 -- opening day of the Offshore Technology Conference in Houston's NRG Center. The May 2016 issue of E&P will showcase the winners' technologies.
"Our magazine and its predecessors have consistently honored technical innovation that allows our industry to overcome seemingly impossible challenges," said Mark Thomas, Editor-in-Chief, E&P. "The Meritorious Awards for Engineering reflect the best of the best in technological advancement."
The expert panel of judges included engineers and scientists from operating and consulting companies worldwide – no service companies. They applied their knowledge to select winners in their areas of expertise. Judges were excluded from categories in which they or their companies have a business interest.
The 2016 Honorees:
- Jet Research Center – Advanced Perforating Flow Laboratory, Halliburton
- Integrity eXplorer™ Cement Evaluation Service, Baker Hughes
- FTeX™ Advanced Wireline Formation Pressure Testing Service, Baker Hughes
- Hand and Finger Injury Prevention Program, Weatherford
- Talon™ Force PDC Bit, Baker Hughes
- Broadband Services' Composite Fracturing Fluids, Schlumberger
- ICE UltraHT Drilling Services, Schlumberger
- PosiFrac Toe Sleeve™, TAM International
- FlexGen® Solid State Generator, FlexGen® Power Systems
Intelligent Systems and Components:
- Manara Production and Reservoir Management System, Saudi Aramco and Schlumberger
- SmartPlex® Downhole Control System, Halliburton
- xWATER Integrated Water-Flexible Fracturing Fluid Delivery Service, Schlumberger
- AquaView®, Select Energy Services
- BrineCare™ Fracturing Fluid Systems, Baker Hughes
- DTG2 ROV, Deep Trekker Inc.
Floating Systems and Rigs:
- R-550D, Zentech Inc.
- Firestop™, Trelleborg Offshore & Construction
- SealWelding™, Trelleborg Sealing Solutions
About Hart Energy
For more than 40 years, Hart Energy editors and experts have delivered market-leading insights to investors and energy industry professionals. The Houston-based company produces award-winning monthly magazines (such as Oil and Gas Investor, E&P, Downstream Business and Midstream Business); online news and data services; in-depth industry conferences (like the DUG™ conference series); GIS data sets and mapping solutions; and a range of research and consulting services through Stratas Advisors. For information, visit hartenergy.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2016-meritorious-awards-recognizes-engineering-innovation-300244320.html
SOURCE Hart Energy