SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Jan. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- 280 CapMarkets™, a fixed income technology platform for advisors, today announced the launch of its groundbreaking technology platform, Bond Navigator, available immediately for financial advisors. This cloud-based application provides greater transparency into bond pricing, availability and characteristics, backed by the resources and expertise of the firm's advisor liaison, institutional sales, and institutional trading desks.1
For many independent investment advisors, gaining access to a broad universe of bonds is challenging. Large institutions control or manage a majority of the individual securities, strongly influence bond prices, and hold trading insights within proprietary systems. These factors can inhibit an advisor's ability to compare available bonds in the market, and can also limit pricing transparency.
Bond Navigator addresses these challenges by aggregating data from multiple market sources to give greater insight into buying, selling and managing bonds. It provides access to thousands of wholesale bond offerings and liquidity solutions, with comprehensive pre-trade price transparency to assist investment advisors in managing their clients' fixed income portfolios with confidence. 280 CapMarkets' pre-trade data, combined with post-trade 280 Best X™ documentation, also supports best execution requirements.
"Bond Navigator levels the playing field for independent advisors," said Gurinder S. Ahluwalia, chief executive officer. "It empowers advisors with enhanced market visibility, carefully curated offerings, and access to a breadth of products and insights on the markets. Trade requests initiated through Bond Navigator are executed by our experienced team of fixed income professionals, who work to achieve the most competitive price for every order using the full resources of our three desks. This service model, uniquely binding deep fixed income expertise with a sophisticated technology platform, can help independent advisors save valuable time, grow their business, and feel confident in their ability to support best execution requirements."
"Bond Navigator brings together data from multiple sources onto a single, easy-to-use screen, providing real-time trading information and pricing transparency," said Prescott Nasser, chief technology officer. "Advisors now have visibility to a full range of bond offerings, by issuer or series, along with historical trading data, so that they can confidently select the right bonds for their client at the right price."
The Bond Navigator platform features an intuitive user interface and powerful tools for the independent investment advisor. These include:
- A map feature that illustrates the geographic location of issuers;
- Offering and bid/wanted supply by issuer and geographic location;
- Real-time new offering and bid/wanted alerts;
- A marketing tool for advisors' communication with new and existing clients;
- A watch list to assist advisors in monitoring bond pricing changes.
- "With 280 CapMarkets and Bond Navigator, we can build unique portfolios geared to achieve our clients' objectives using individual bonds."– Michael O'Brien, President, O'Brien Investment Management, LLC
- "We are extremely pleased with the service and execution that we receive from 280 Securities. 280 has quickly become a valuable extension of our financial advisory services in providing expert and pro-active guidance and management of our client's fixed income portfolios. Having a trusted partner in the fixed-income space is a major advantage to us and our clients."– Adam Waitkevich, President and Founder, Coppertree, LLC
- "When we trade with 280 CapMarkets we appreciate their pricing transparency and their institutional trading team. The team diligently shops around for the best offerings, consistently beating the offerings we see at custodial bond desks." – Morgan Mabry, Operations Manager, Client 1st Advisory Group
Advisors interested in using Bond Navigator today can visit 280capmarkets.com to request a log in, or call (628) 231-2341.
About 280 CapMarkets
Headquartered in San Francisco, 280 CapMarkets combines the experience and execution services of a traditional broker-dealer (280 Securities LLC, a member of FINRA/SIPC) with a cloud-based technology platform (280 Technologies LLC) to provide intuitive bond trading ideas, access to a broad offering of bonds, and greater pricing transparency. To learn more, visit 280capmarkets.com. Follow us on Twitter at @280capmarkets.
(866) 225-0920 ext. 106
1 Securities offered through 280 Securities LLC, member FINRA/SIPC
2 These testimonials may not be representative of the experience of other customers and is not a guarantee of the future performance of success.
SOURCE 280 CapMarkets