BEIJING, July 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- 360 Mobile Security Limited, a leading developer of mobile antivirus and performance applications with a core product 360 security, today announced the results of its "Android Security Survey 2015." The random, at large survey highlights consumers' knowledge, interest and buying habits around Android-specific security applications (apps). Key findings revealed that while the majority of consumers surveyed are aware of potential malware attacks on the Android platform, and overwhelmingly understand the critical importance of mobile security, they are surprisingly not taking the necessary steps to protect their mobile devices.
The 360 Mobile Security "Android Security Survey 2015" found:
- Two-thirds of respondents are aware of weaknesses on the Android platform.
- More than 90 percent of respondents noted that mobile security is "very important."
- Top concerns for Android mobile users included untrustworthy apps (27 percent); online payments (20 percent); and hackers (13 percent). Additional concerns were single sign-on, Wi-Fi connection, personal data leakage and others.
- Nearly half of the respondents currently are not (or unsure if they are) using a security app on their personal smartphone device, noting that approximately one-out-of two people didn't know they needed an app.
- More than 80 percent of respondents want to spend less than $4.99 on a security app; moreover, 44 percent of respondents do not want to pay any fee for the app.
Yan Huang, COO of 360 Mobile Security, said, "The survey results are a good reminder that while today's consumers are aware of threats to the Android platform, most are not leveraging the tools and apps needed to protect themselves. Our 360 Security app is free for download in the Google Play store and will keep consumers – around the globe – safe from suspicious activities, while boosting overall device performance."
In her Internet Trend 2015, Mary Meeker, partner of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, pointed out that "Adware grew 136% to 410,000 apps between 2013 and first three quarters of 2014, giving attackers access to personal information such as contact, which can subsequently be used to launch phishing attacks." Given that mobile devices are increasingly used to harvest data, it is a concerning fact that one-out-two people didn't know they needed a security app. It is therefore those security firms' responsibility to draw people's attention and help protect their personal data.
As announced earlier this month, the free 360 Security mobile app has been downloaded by more than 200 million users to date. The app is the only all-in-one free speed booster and antivirus app. With one click, users can speed up their devices, or clean up junk files for bigger memory space and longer battery life, while protecting their devices from malware, adware, ransomeware, vulnerabilities or Trojans. Since launching on the Google Play store only two years ago, the 360 Security app has become a top security application for Android users worldwide, ranking number one in 90 countries on Google Play Store's Tools Ranking.
The 360 Security app is currently available, in more than 30 languages, for a free download in the Google Play store. To learn more about the 360 Security app or download it today, click here.
- Visit 360 Security: http://360overseas.com/en-us
- Download the 360 Security application on Google Play
- Like 360 Security on Facebook
- Follow 360 Security on Twitter: @360safecenter
About 360 Security
Launched in June 2013, the 360 Security app for Android devices is one of Google Play's top antivirus applications. With more than 200 million downloads globally, the 360 Security application is enhancing consumers' mobile experiences by securing and improving the performance of their devices. Key features of the app include optimization of device performance with freed up memory and prolonged battery life, as well as regular detection and protection against viruses, adware, malware, trojans and more.
About the Survey
This survey was conducted informally by a mobile antivirus and performance app for Android users, 360 Security, via social media channels, such as Facebook and Twitter. Data was compiled from more than 100 Android users and respondents were not required to answer each question.
Media Contact for 360 Security
360 Mobile Security Limited
+86-135 2113 7173
Racepoint Global for 360 Security
+1 (415) 694-6411
SOURCE 360 Mobile Security Limited