SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- 6WIND, a high-performance networking software company, today announced its Secure Site-to-Site VPN solution for data center inter-connection. The solution is based on 6WIND Turbo IPsec™ software, a widely deployed product for high performance networking infrastructure with requirements of 10 Gbps and beyond. 6WIND Turbo IPsec provides IPsec VPNs on Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) servers at less than 50% of legacy hardware system costs. 6WIND Turbo IPsec can be deployed bare metal or in a virtual machine with the same functionalities and performance, enabling a seamless transition to virtualization.
IPsec VPN solutions are critical to create secure, high speed communication tunnels between trusted endpoints across the Internet. Since IP networks are inherently insecure, IPsec VPNs provide the encryption and authentication techniques required to maintain data confidentiality and integrity. However, network capacity growth requires scalable throughput, which was previously only possible through hardware IPsec VPN gateways that delivered performance at the expense of vendor lock-in and high costs. There is a market need for alternatives to avoid sacrificing security and performance while reducing costs and vendor lock-in.
Leading cloud-based data centers are leveraging 6WIND Turbo IPsec software with standard Linux applications on COTS servers as an alternative to expensive big name system vendors. 6WIND's Secure Site-to-Site VPN solutions provide an alternative using software with the following benefits:
- High Performance IPsec: Linear scalability of performance by simply adding processing cores regardless of deployment configuration (bare metal or virtualized).
- 12 Gbps of encrypted IPsec traffic per core can scale a 10-core Intel server to more than 100 Gbps
- 7 Gbps per core when combining IPsec, virtual routing, filtering and IP tunneling features
- Traffic loads scale across 10, 40 and 100G connectivity
- Complete Security Feature Set & Resiliency: Combines virtual routing, IP tunneling, filtering and high availability to create the required security features to clearly separate trusted and untrusted networks with port and system level redundancy.
- Management and Monitoring: Provides industry-standard CLI and XML-based management, SNMP, and works seamlessly with management and monitoring tools that support Linux.
- Virtualization Readiness: Complete virtual appliance option with support for Linux KVM, VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisors with same software used on bare metal and the same performance.
"At 6WIND, we provide high performance security software that allows standard servers to rival specialized hardware systems so that customers never have to sacrifice performance for cost," said Eric Carmès, CEO and Founder of 6WIND. "6WIND software is available today as a cost-effective alternative to expensive, specialized hardware for high performance site-to-site VPN solutions used to secure data center to data center data communications."
Demonstration at Open Networking Summit, Santa Clara, April 4-6
We will demonstrate 6WIND's software for Secure Site-to-Site VPNs in addition to Mobile Infrastructure Security solutions at the ONS conference in booth #325.
6WIND Solution Brief for Secure Site-to-Site VPNs:
6WIND Demo Video for Secure Site-to-Site VPNs:
6WIND's networking software solves performance and time-to-market challenges for OEMs and Network Builders. The company's packet processing software and software appliances are optimized for cost-effective hardware, such as Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) servers, with a choice of multicore processors to deliver a wide variety of networking and security protocols and features. 6WIND is based near Paris, France with regional offices in China, South Korea and the United States. For more information, visit http://www.6wind.com.
VP of Marketing for 6WIND
Phone: +1 (408) 508-6732
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/6wind-announces-secure-site-to-site-vpn-solutions-for-cots-servers-300434165.html