SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- 6WIND, a high-performance software company, today announced two new software appliances in its Speed Series family: Turbo Router and Turbo IPsec. Based on 6WINDGate™ packet processing software, which is deployed in Tier 1 networks worldwide, Turbo Router and Turbo IPsec can be installed quickly onto standard x86 servers within bare metal and virtual machine (VM) environments.
The new Speed Series Turbo Appliances are designed to benefit Service Providers, Cloud and Content Providers and Enterprises with the best price/performance ratios when transitioning from hardware to software based appliances for flexibility, efficiency and cost savings. Compared to competing software routers, 6WIND's Turbo Router can deliver up to twice the performance at 1/4 the price. Compared to hardware-based IPsec Gateways, 6WIND's Turbo IPsec can save 80% of the cost per gigabit of IPsec throughput.
Turbo Router: 200+ Gbps Throughput with 45% Capacity Available
6WIND's Speed Series Turbo Router combines dynamic routing and stateful firewall features in a high performance software appliance:
- Data Plane: VLAN, LAG, Routing (including VRF), IPinIP, GRE, Firewall & NAT, and more
- Control Plane: VRRP, Routing (RIP, OSPF, BGP), and more
- Services: DHCP, SNMP, and more
- IPv4 and IPv6
- Performance: Over 200 Gbps IP Forwarding throughput on a Quad Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-4800 v2 Series system @ 2.8 GHz leveraging only 22 cores out of 40
Turbo IPsec: 100+ Gbps Throughput with 45% Capacity Available
6WIND's Speed Series Turbo IPsec, the industry's first software-based IPsec Gateway appliance, combines IPsec, dynamic routing and stateful firewall features:
- Data Plane: IPsec, VLAN, LAG, Routing (including VRF), IPinIP, GRE, Firewall & NAT, and more
- Control Plane: IKE, VRRP, Routing (RIP, OSPF, BGP), and more
- Services: DHCP, SNMP, and more
- IPv4 and IPv6
- Performance: Over 100 Gbps IPsec throughput while performing both crypto and authentication on all packets without external crypto technology on a Quad Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-4800 v2 Series system @ 2.8 GHz leveraging only 22 cores
6WIND Speed Series Turbo Appliances include:
- Linear performance scalability with the number of cores deployed
- Full-featured data plane networking with fast path protocols
- Highly scalable control plane
- CLI, XML or Linux-based management (iproute2, iptables)
- High performance input/output (I/O) leveraging DPDK (Data Plane Development Kit) with multi-vendor NIC support
- Virtio vNIC support to eliminate standard virtual switch bottlenecks when combined with 6WIND Virtual Accelerator
6WIND Speed Series: Enabling NFV and Virtual Networking
Within the 6WIND Speed Series family, the new Turbo Appliances can be easily integrated with 6WIND's Virtual Accelerator for accelerated virtual switching and networking infrastructure, and third party virtual functions, in the transition to Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and virtual networking environments. For example, by combining 6WIND's Virtual Accelerator and Turbo Router, customers can achieve over 5x performance of a standard Linux router VM running on top of Open vSwitch, while saving 75% of the system's processor resources to run additional VMs.
"Our new Speed Series Turbo Router and Turbo IPsec appliances leverage our industry-proven 6WINDGate technology to provide the packet processing performance of hardware networking solutions in software," said Eric Carmès, CEO and Founder of 6WIND. "Our Turbo Appliances deliver an impressive price/performance advantage over competing software appliances and traditional purpose-built hardware appliances."
6WIND Turbo Appliances are available for 1, 2 and 4 socket Intel x86-based servers.
6WIND Turbo Router: http://www.6wind.com/products/6wind-turbo-router/
6WIND Turbo IPsec: http://www.6wind.com/products/6wind-turbo-ipsec/
6WIND's commercial software solves performance challenges for network vendors in telecom, enterprise and cloud infrastructure markets. The company's packet processing software, accelerated virtual networking infrastructure and software appliances are optimized for cost-effective hardware running Linux with a choice of multicore processors to deliver a wide variety of networking and security protocols and features. By solving critical data plane performance challenges on multicore architectures, 6WIND enables a cost-effective value proposition, enabling the transition to the future with network functions virtualization (NFV). 6WIND is based near Paris, France with regional offices in China, Japan, South Korea and the United States. For more information, visithttp://www.6wind.com
VP of Marketing for 6WIND
Phone: +1 (408) 508-6732