WASHINGTON, Sept. 25, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Washington, DC hosts the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons' 97th Annual Meeting, Scientific Sessions and Exhibition, September 28 – October 3, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Some of the week's highlights include:
- Three full-day clinical module programs will focus on a different topic each day: Dental Implants, Dentoalveolar Surgery, and Anesthesia.
- Limited attendance clinical courses that address the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery practice at levels from refresher to innovative techniques.
- Four oral abstract sessions and scientific poster sessions highlighting current specialty-related research projects.
- A sold-out workshop on the federally mandated transition to the ICD-10 CM coding system. With an implementation date of October 1, this final preparation workshop will provide greater understanding of the new coding conventions related to OMS diagnoses.
- A comprehensive practice management program that considers all aspects of maintaining an OMS practice, and wide-ranging programs designed specifically for the oral and maxillofacial surgery assistant.
- The world's largest exhibition catering specifically to the needs of oral and maxillofacial surgeons and their practices, with over 200 vendors displaying the most advanced equipment, instruments, biologics and technological innovations available today.
- Keynote speaker and best-selling author, Eric Qualman, will present on the present and future of social media and the way social media continues to influence business in his address "Socialnomics: It's a People-Driven Economy."
This year's meeting is held in conjunction with the Canadian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, many of whose members will also be in attendance and presenting. Complete details of meeting sessions can be found at AAOMS.org/WashingtonDC.
About the AAOMS 97th Annual Meeting, Scientific Sessions and Exhibition
More than 4,000 registrants from around the world are expected to attend the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons' 97th Annual Meeting, Scientific Session and Exhibition. Participants will hear presentations by renowned clinicians and scientists, conduct association business, discuss surgical procedures, earn continuing education credits and meet with dental industry suppliers.
The experts in face, mouth and jaw surgery™ — The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), the professional organization representing more than 9,500 oral and maxillofacial surgeons in the United States, supports its fellows' and members' ability to practice their specialty through education, research and advocacy. AAOMS fellows and members comply with rigorous continuing education requirements and submit to periodic office anesthesia evaluations. Visit MyOMS.org for additional information about oral and maxillofacial surgery.
For further information check the AAOMS Web site at www.aaoms.org.
SOURCE American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons