LAS VEGAS, Jan. 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Taking the CES® 2016 award-winning pantry-inspired design a step further, the latest Whirlpool® French Door Refrigerator boasts a door-within-door feature that delivers what families want most – organization, flexibility and easy access to family favorites. The new door-within-door design features a designated "Cold Space" that keeps milk and other drinks extra cold. With an anticipated industry first door-within-door active cooling system, the door-within-door stays colder than those without a designated cooling feature. In addition, the refrigerator features an innovative, pantry-inspired shelving system that stores 30 percent more than the rest of its class1. This appliance, the latest in Whirlpool refrigeration, took home honors in the 2017 CES® Innovation Awards in the Home Appliances category.
"We study the way families care for each other and develop features that solve a common problem," said Ryan Morand, senior brand manager, Whirlpool brand. "Refrigerator doors are typically warmer than the rest of the fridge, and families tend to store their milk in the door for easy access. We developed this dedicated 'Cold Space' so milk can be stored properly at an ideal temperature and right at families' fingertips like they are used to."
Every section, every shelf and every bin in the refrigerator is purposefully designed to deliver resourceful organization to change the way families think about refrigerator organization. A recent survey2 commissioned by Whirlpool found 95 percent of homeowners who've purchased or plan to purchase home appliances in the near future said overall space inside a refrigerator is important, while 92 percent said adjustable shelves are important. Other key features of the refrigerator include:
A full-width "platter pocket" shelf
- The ideal space for families' favorites like salad dressings, bottled drinks and condiments, the door-within-door design intends to reduce cold air loss, providing quick access that puts the family's go-to picks front and center.
- Families can keep milk and other drinks extra cool in the "Cold Space," a specially designed lower compartment in the door-within-door where the refrigerator feeds the coldest air.
- Infinity slide shelves line the perimeter of the fridge, so families can move small items to the edges to make room for big, high-use items in the center. The shelves are precisely spaced apart based on common sizes of food packaging so that yogurts, spaghetti jars, 12-pack soda boxes and egg cartons fit perfectly. And, the adjustable center pane glides just as far as needed to accommodate taller items like corked wine bottles and pitchers.
- With an understanding of what families buy most, the PerfectPlacesTM system has just the right spot reserved for every item, so the refrigerator and freezer spaces no longer become a dumping ground with overflowing bins.
- Gallon door bins give families ample gallon door bin storage.
- From chocolate to cheese to kids' snacks, a small items bin and TreasureTM bin help keep the little items in clear sight.
- Asymmetrical crispers are designed with dividers to display fresh produce like bell peppers up front, and store bags of apples in the back. The biggest crispers in the market3 were thoughtfully designed to hold common foods and packaging like unwieldy long and wide celery stalks and large plastic lettuce containers.
, is designed for wide, flat items like brownie pans, lasagna and pizza boxes, so they stay tucked out of the way, kept safe from stacking.
From January 5-8, CES® attendees can experience this innovative refrigerator and other Whirlpool brand innovations at booth #41730 in the Smart Home section, located at the Sands Expo Center.
For more information on the company's care-centric product innovations and to join the conversation, visit ces.whirlpool.com and follow #EveryDayCare.
1 Models WRF954, WRF964, WRF974, WRF984, WRFA94 among leading counter depth French door bottom mount refrigerator brands.
2 Online survey conducted by Survey Sampling on behalf of Whirlpool of 1,000 nationally representative individuals in the United States.
3 Compared to all Whirlpool French door refrigerators including WRX988SIB, WRF997SDD, WRF757SDE, and WRF736SDA with In-Door-Ice® system only.
About Whirlpool Brand
For more than one hundred years, Whirlpool (NYSE: WHR) brand has been inspired by how people care for their families. Whirlpool brand is designing home appliances that are focused on improving how families give and get the care they need with the latest technologies and innovations – whether that means most flexible refrigerator storage for all types of family needs, induction technology for efficient cooking and easier cleaning, or laundry pairs that sense and adapt to clothes with the latest in connected technologies. Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world's leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances. Whirlpool Corporation is also one of Habitat for Humanity's largest corporate partners for over 15 dedicated years, donating a refrigerator and range to every new Habitat for Humanity home built in North America. For more information on Whirlpool, please visit whirlpool.com/everydaycare or find us on Facebook at facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter at @WhirlpoolUSA. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.
SOURCE Whirlpool Brand