DENVER, Oct. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Quiznos, the American pioneer of the toasted sandwich, has gone back in history to discover Gyrocles, faux Greek god and inventor of the ever popular gyro! To celebrate, Quiznos is making more history with the introduction of three new modern gyro options. Inspired by an ancient Greek legendary tale of the gyro, Quiznos will offer customers the opportunity to try its new gyro flatbread for free with purchase on October 25 at all participating U.S. locations1.
The Quiznos gyro lineup starts with seasoned beef and lamb that is slow roasted by the Greek god-like experts at Kronos for five hours on a traditional, open Greek rotisserie and then carved into authentic gyro slices before serving. Quiznos has put its own spin on these limited time gyros by offering guests three distinctive approaches to this traditional meal:
- Gyro Flatbread: Inspired by the traditional gyro served by Zeus or his human friends in Greek street food carts, Quiznos folds flavorful, seasoned beef and lamb into a pillowy flatbread, tops it with lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese, banana peppers and creamy cucumber tzatziki sauce.
- Gyro Sub Sandwich: For those who prefer their gyro to act more like a Greek "hero" – sandwich, Quiznos layers slices of seasoned beef and lamb into its traditional toasted hoagie roll and tops it with lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese, banana peppers and creamy cucumber tzatziki sauce.
- Greek Salad: Appealing to those who prefer more greens, Quiznos tops fresh romaine lettuce with slices of toasted beef and lamb gyro meat, tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese, banana peppers and creamy cucumber tzatziki sauce.
"We have always been about bold and innovative flavors and our new gyro menu line up again offers an extraordinary limited time product for our customers," said Chris Ruszkowski, Senior Vice President of Marketing. "To celebrate the new gyro line up further, we used our fun brand personality to create a video that shows our version of the history of the gyro."
All of Quiznos' gyros taste as delicious as they sound. And, gyro lovers who are interested in limiting calories or fitting into slimmer togas will be glad to know that Quiznos' Half Greek Salad is only 350 calories.
Average retail prices for each Quiznos gyro menu item are:
- One Gyro Flatbread at $4.70 or $6.70 for two
- Four-inch Gyro Sub at $4.70, eight-inch Gyro Sub for $6.70 and 12-inch Gyro Sub for $8.70
- Half Greek Salad for $4.10 and full Greek Salad for $7.10
All three gyro options, along with the entire Quiznos menu, are eligible to accrue points on Quiznos' new loyalty mobile app, Toasty Points. The app is available for download on iOS and Android devices at quiznos.com/toastypoints, and signing up automatically rewards guests with a free four-inch Quiznos sub, or Gyro Flatbread, with any purchase.
Founded in 1981, Denver-based Quiznos is a chain restaurant designed for today's busy consumers who are looking for a high-quality, tasty, freshly prepared alternative to traditional fast-food restaurants. With locations across the United States and 34 countries, Quiznos is one of the world's premier quick-service restaurant chains and pioneer of the toasted sandwich. Quiznos restaurants offer creative, chef-inspired sandwiches and salads using premium ingredients. Rewarding fans through Quiznos loyalty app, Toasty Points, guests can earn and redeem points for free Quiznos menu items at participating locations. For more information, please visit quiznos.com/toastypoints or www.quiznos.com, connect with Quiznos on Facebook or follow on Twitter or Instagram.
1No coupon is required. Limit one per guest. All gyro menu items are available now through January 2018.