NEW YORK, May 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Altibase announces that the ROK Marine Corps has adopted Altibase for its warfare exercise simulation models.
The Republic of Korea Marine Corps (ROKMC), also known as the ROK Marine Corps, is the marine corps of South Korea.
The simulation model is an aggregate resolution simulation system used to support the training of the marines in war fighting principles and concepts. The model enables participants to represent and exercise a wide variety of combat scenarios, particularly in shore landing and ground operation.
- For the model to be effective, the seamless integration and sharding of data is a must.
- To prevent any catastrophic casualties and losses, the database should allow for a high degree of stability and accuracy without allowing a single error, not to mention any downtime.
- The collection, analysis and dissemination of data should be executed in real time.
- The database should be compatible and interoperable with other core systems of ROKMC.
ROKMC has actively tested various databases. After months of rigorous testing between Oracle and Altibase, ROKMC chose Altibase.
- Altibase is a hybrid database. Cold data (historical data) is stored on disk and hot data (frequently used data) is stored in memory.
- Altibase's in-memory capabilities are meant for storing, manipulating and processing data in real time.
- ROKMC requires a high level of data security and integrity. Altibase supports high level security algorithms and is fully compatible with data encryption and data access control solution.
- Altibase is compatible and interoperable with Oracle. Migration between Oracle and Altibase is exponentially less complex. It is also easy and straightforward for ROKMC's DBAs to learn and administrate Altibase.
- ROKMC has been enabled to eliminate the need to purchase a disk-resident database separately for storage of massive historical data.
- ROKMC has lowered its TCO to a fraction of Oracle's cost.
After nearly 20 years as a closed-source database, Altibase is now open source, and that includes its cutting-edge scale-out technology, sharding.
For more information and download, please visit: http://altibase.com
Company Name: Altibase Corp.
Address: 40 Wall Street, 28th Floor
City: New York
State: New York
Country: United States
Media Contact: Paul Nahm
631 708 4749
SOURCE Altibase Corp.