AUBURN HILLS, Mich., April 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Jeep® brand's premium SUV has captured 29 awards since introduction last summer
- Awards for 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee have come from prominent automotive journalist associations, print/on-line/television media outlets and industry organizations
- Jeep Grand Cherokee sales up 64 percent through first quarter 2011 – double the full-size SUV segment increase
- 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee delivers ultimate combination of real-world capability, on-road refinement, fuel efficiency, premium craftsmanship, safety, technology and innovation
Since arriving in dealer showrooms last summer, the premium icon of the Jeep® brand – the all-new 2011 Grand Cherokee – has captured 29 awards from an array of opinion-leading publications, television and on-line media outlets, journalist associations and industry organizations.
The accolades have included several "Best SUV" awards highlighting the overall performance of the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee, and have also focused on a variety of individual attributes – including leading 4x4 and winter-driving capability, world-class interior design, interior sound, safety and environmental innovation.
"We are delighted that the all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee has received nearly 30 influential awards from a variety of respected journalist and industry publications and organizations," said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "The breadth and variety of this recognition reinforces the fact that Jeep's premium icon delivers a unique blend of on-road refinement, superb craftsmanship, world-class design, improved fuel economy, innovative features, legendary real-world capability, and value."
Through the first quarter of 2011, Jeep Grand Cherokee sales were up 64 percent versus the same period last year – double the full-size SUV industry's gain for the same time period.
The all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee has captured the following awards:
- 4x4 Australia Magazine: 4x4 of the Year
- Auto123.com: Mid-size Utility of the Year
- Auto Bild allrad: Best Imported 4x4 (between 40,000 and 60,000 Euros)
- AutoWeek: Best of the Best 2011 Truck
- Car and Driver: 2011 Editors' Choice Awards/Mid-size SUVs
- Car and Driver: Best Performer – Interior Sound Level
- Car Middle East Magazine: Family Car of the Year
- Consumers Digest: Best Buy
- Decisive Media: Urban Wheel award – 2011 Urban Truck of the Year
- Detroit News: Truck of the Year
- Four Wheeler magazine: Four Wheeler of the Year
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS): Top Safety Pick
- Internet Truck of the Year (2011)
- Kelley Blue Book: 2011 Top 10 Family Cars
- Motoring 2011: 2011 SUV/SUV Over $40,000 award
- Motorweek: Drivers' Choice Award
- msn.Autos: Safest Cars in America/Safest Sport Utility Vehicle
- New England Motor Press Association: Official Winter Vehicle of New England
- Northwest Automotive Press Association: Best SUV
- Northwest Automotive Press Association: Best Off-road SUV
- Playboy: Best SUV
- Popular Mechanics: Automotive Excellence award – Off-road Ability
- Ruedas ESPN: Best SUV
- Rocky Mountain Automotive Press Association: Best SUV
- Society of Plastics Engineers: Environmental Innovation award
- Texas Auto Writers Association: SUV of Texas
- Texas Auto Writers Association: Full-size SUV of Texas
- Ward's: 10 Best Interiors
- Utah Rides: 2011 Truck/SUV of the Year
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nearly two decades ago, Jeep invented the premium SUV segment with the introduction of the Jeep Grand Cherokee. More than 4 million sales later, Jeep improves the formula and delivers the ultimate combination of Jeep 4x4 capability and on-road refinement with the all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee boasts premium on-road performance while maintaining the Jeep brand's legendary four-wheel-drive, torque-on-demand two-speed transfer case and towing capability. Capability features include a choice of three 4x4 systems, a new Jeep Selec-Terrain™ system and a new Jeep Quadra-Lift™ air suspension system. New front and rear independent suspension systems deliver premium on-road handling and comfort.
The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee delivers improved fuel economy (up to 23 mpg) and a driving range of more than 500 miles, courtesy of Chrysler Group's all-new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine.
Jeep Grand Cherokee's unique combination also includes a stunning new design, a world-class interior cabin, more than 45 safety and security features, and a variety of advanced technology features.
Built on 70 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.
The Jeep vehicle lineup consists of the Compass, Grand Cherokee, Liberty, Patriot, Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited. To meet consumer demand around the world, all six Jeep models are sold outside North America - and all are available in right-hand drive versions and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options. Chrysler Group LLC sells and services vehicles in approximately 120 countries around the world.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC