NEW YORK, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Women Presidents' Organization (WPO), a global peer advisory organization for women presidents and CEOs of multi-million dollar companies, will host more than 750 successful women entrepreneurs at its annual conference from May 1- 3, 2013 at The Fairmont Hotel in Dallas, Texas. The program will feature keynote speakers, workshops, and an awards presentation to honor the winners of the 6th annual Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies in North America™ sponsored by American Express OPEN. The 2013 conference, "Fueling Economic Growth: Taking Your Business to the Next Level," promises to have an exciting program.
Keynote speakers include:
- Lynda Applegate, Sarofim-Rock Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
- Barbara Barrett, President & CEO, Triple Creek Ranch
- Dr. Johnnetta Betsch Cole, Director, Smithsonian National Museum of African Art
- Marshall Goldsmith, Ph.D., Author & Leadership Thinker
Additional workshop speakers include:
- Charles Bernard, Founder & CEO, Criteria for Success, Inc.
- Shirli Kopelman, Ph.D., Clinical Assistant Professor of Management and Organizations, University of Michigan Ross School of Business
- JoAnne LaBounty, President & CEO, Spartanburg Meat Processing Co., Inc.
- Chris McGoff, CEO, The Clearing, Inc.
- Elise Mitchell, President & CEO, Mitchell Communications Group, Inc.
- Thaler Pekar, CEO, Thaler Pekar & Partners
- June Ressler, President, Cenergy Companies
"Every year, the WPO is pleased to host our members at the annual conference," said Marsha Firestone, Ph.D., President and Founder of the WPO. "The conference provides a chance for some of the world's most successful women entrepreneurs to learn new business strategies, grow their businesses through the support and guidance of their peers, and connect face-to-face. The annual conference has long been one of the most tangible benefits of WPO membership."
The 2013 annual WPO conference is supported by the commitment and dedication of Corporate Sponsors including American Airlines, American Express OPEN, Avis, BMO Financial Group, Chubb & Son, Edward Lowe Foundation, Foley & Lardner LLP, IBM, Intuit, KeyBank, PNC Wealth Management, Prudential Financial, PwC, Sam's Club, UPS, Wells Fargo, Audible.com, Canyon Ranch, Dell, Exxon Mobil, ForbesWoman, Inspirato, Microsoft Corporation, The Coca-Cola Company, Verizon, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, WBENC, WIB, B Culture Media, Enterprising Women, WE USA, and Woman's Book.
For additional information, please contact the WPO at 212-688-4114. If you are interested in attending as a member of the media, contact [email protected].
About the WPO:
The WPO is the premier peer advisory organization connecting women who own multi-million dollar companies. In monthly meetings across five continents, chapters of twenty women presidents from diverse industries invest time and energy in themselves and their businesses to drive their corporations to the next level. Local WPO chapters are coordinated by a professional facilitator and meet monthly to share business expertise and experience in a confidential setting. For more information call 212-688-4114 or visit www.womenpresidentsorg.com.
Contact: Jen Kalaidis, Communications Manager, WPO, 212-688-4114 or [email protected]
SOURCE Women Presidents' Organization