LOS ANGELES, Aug. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As summer ends and the start of school nears, back-to-school shopping is a necessity for every student wanting to head back in style. To supply students with the tools they need to succeed, premier specialty sporting goods retailer Sport Chalet offers the latest in backpacks, all which serve a variety of needs.
"It's important to be well-equipped when heading back to school and at Sport Chalet we make that an easy task," said Sport Chalet Expert Tonya Bray. "With backpacks that do everything from charge electronic devices on-the-go to keep lunch cool throughout the day, our backpack selection ensures that students will start the school year with all of the essentials—and look good doing it."
Bray provides her top backpack recommendations that not only incorporate function to meet students' needs, but also, fashion to feed their style sense as well.
- Have a trendy flair. With a striped design flaunting highlights of pink and blue, the Dakine Women's Cosmo Backpack 6.5L - Frontier will have heads turning on the first day of school. The cotton canvas exterior offers a trendy Western vibe while the mesh compartments and organizer pocket on the interior keep school supplies in place.
- Stay fully charged. The North Face Surge II Charged Daypack comes with its very own battery pack so students can keep their mobile device, laptop or tablet juiced up throughout the day. The lightweight Joey™ battery pack offers up to two and a half full battery charges, making this the ideal choice for tech-loving students who never want to go a day without.
- Keep lunch cool. Lunch is equally as important as breakfast during the school day and the Dakine Campus 33L Backpack offers an insulated cooler pocket that will keep lunch fresh until it's time to eat. The pack comes in five different colors and a women's version with purple and fuchsia accents. Armed with a padded laptop sleeve and fleece-lined sunglasses pocket, students' other school-time valuables will stay separated from the food and drink stored in their lunch bag.
- Pack up the heavy sporting gear. A rugged backpack like the Oakley Dry Goods Pack - Grigio Scuro can take anything the student athlete will throw at it. With a heavy-duty duffle pack, abrasion-resistant fabric and triple-reinforced stitching, sports lovers can store away all of their necessities for after-school practice.
- Bring some character to the classroom. For young students just starting their school days, the Deuter Kiki Kids Backpack is a great option to help ease them into a new environment. This backpack has a playful, bird-like shape, making it the perfect companion for the first day of school. Built from eco-friendly fabric and outfitted with a name label on the inside, it's a family favorite for kids and parents alike.
For more information on Sport Chalet's selection of backpacks and back-to-school gear or to find a nearby Sport Chalet location, visit www.sportchalet.com. For media inquiries, contact [email protected].
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet (Nasdaq: SPCHA, SPCHB) is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 50 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
SOURCE Sport Chalet