BOSTON, Sept. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Actifio, the copy data virtualization company, today announced the industry's first Database Virtualization Platform in a hybrid cloud using Oracle Cloud. Enterprises are now able to provision virtual copies of mission critical databases in Oracle Cloud for test, development and quality assurance (QA) for Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines, enhance business resiliency to minimize downtime and re-use data for Data Warehousing and analytics applications.
In the process of business transformation to the Cloud, enterprise CIOs struggle with the speed and simplicity of decoupling mission-critical applications and their data from the underlying physical infrastructure. The explosion of copy data, coupled with the security and access control issues of those copies, are forcing IT managers to make tough decisions: Which applications should be managed in the cloud, which cloud provider should be chosen and which platform has the ability to manage all data management needs in private-public-hybrid cloud?
Actifio captures application data at the block level in its native format and manages its lifecycle efficiently, securely and seamlessly in a hybrid cloud across the enterprise data center and Oracle Cloud. Data in Oracle Cloud is then instantly accessible and re-used for 5 key use cases:
- Provision virtual copies of databases instantly, in self-service manner with secure, role-based access controls. This enables developers to perform development, test, QA and integrate with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools.
- By leveraging instant access to data and orchestrate instantiation of applications, Actifio allows users to failover to their Oracle Cloud environment delivering business resilience for on-premises enterprise applications.
- The ability to capture, manage and re-use Oracle, SQL and other databases and file systems also enables re-use of data in Oracle Cloud for data warehousing and analytics applications.
- Securely migrating applications to Oracle Cloud. Using Actifio instant access, users can create a sandbox environment in Oracle Cloud, conduct security, performance and scalability validation, before turning on the application in Oracle Cloud.
- For Oracle Cloud-resident applications, Actifio can manage their data lifecycle and deliver the same benefits as for the on-premises applications; accelerate high quality application development, enhanced business resilience, meet compliance requirements and drive out infrastructure costs.
Actifio for Oracle Cloud is available in Actifio Virtual Data Pipeline™ version 7.0.2 software and delivers the following benefits:
- Build Higher Quality Apps Faster: Actifio database virtualization in Oracle cloud enables Dev, QA and UAT teams to self-service provision on-demand virtual copies of production databases with secure data masking. This helps catch defects earlier in QA cycles, enabling the release of higher quality products, faster. This also enables the automation of Test Data Management in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Improve Business Resiliency: By replicating on-premises and cloud-based data to any Oracle cloud location for instant recovery of mission critical apps, Actifio eliminates the fear of downtime for critical apps, thus eliminating potential losses in revenue, reputation, and employee productivity.
- Outsource Infrastructure: By delivering a modern data management platform in hybrid cloud environments, Actifio helps accelerate business transformation by making it easy for enterprises to leverage cloud technologies, allowing them to outsource costly infrastructure.
- Data Warehouse, ETL, Analytics: Actifio makes it very easy for enterprises to provision virtual copies of production data in Oracle Cloud, while feeding data into on-demand data warehousing, ETL, or analytics solutions. This accelerates the speed at which business analytics can be achieved in the cloud, while simultaneously eliminating the need to invest more in software tools and on premise infrastructure.
To learn more visit Actifio at Oracle Open World booth #409 (September 19-21) and schedule a meeting to connect with an Actifio Solution Architect to see a live demo at the event.
Actifio virtualizes the data that's the lifeblood of businesses in more than 30 countries around the world. Its Virtual Data Pipeline ™ technology enables businesses to manage, access, and protect their data faster, more efficiently, and more simply by decoupling data from physical storage, much the same way a hypervisor decouples compute from physical servers. To accelerate toward hybrid cloud architectures, build higher quality applications faster, and improve business resiliency and availability, Actifio is the first and only enterprise class copy data virtualization platform. For more visit Actifio.com, or follow us on Twitter @Actifio.
Callum Gibson Durr
Bite for Actifio