BOSTON, Aug. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Actifio, the Enterprise Data-as-a-Service (EDaaS) company, today announced a partnership with the Ready for IBM Storage Program to accelerate enterprise digital transformation initiatives for DevOps, analytics and hybrid cloud. Actifio's Big Database Solution is now available as a validated IBM PartnerWorld solution, enabling Actifio to support VAR, MSP and enterprise partners worldwide.
The Ready for IBM Storage program integrates and validates partner offerings with IBM technology to enable end-to-end use cases, simplify deployment, and reduce risk for clients. The Program also enables business partners to collaborate on complete solutions that enhance market positioning through association with IBM Storage.
"Digital transformation continues to accelerate the size of data, making it a massive challenge of scale for application owners and database administrators (DBAs) to develop applications faster and get better business insights through analytics," said Ash Ashutosh, CEO of Actifio. "Working in collaboration with IBM engineers and technology, we are delivering a purpose-built solution that is the data platform for enterprise cognitive and cloud computing initiatives. Actifio's Big Database solution addresses the needs of digital enterprises to instantly self-provision and protect virtual database copies on-premises in a private cloud or in a public or hybrid cloud environment."
Integrated with IBM Storage, Actifio's Big Database Solution delivers:
- Instant Virtual Copies: Instantly and non-disruptively clone dozens of read/write copies for dev/test environments while consuming virtually no additional storage
- Instant Point-in-Time History: Access 6-months of points in time near-instantly, even for a 100+ TB sized database
- Object Ready: Leverage Cloud Optimized Storage for cost-optimized long-term data retention, while maintaining ability to instantly mount images
- Cloud Ready: Instantly provision virtual copies in IBM BlueMix, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google, and Oracle Cloud platforms
- Self-Service: Remote team members, once authorized for self-service, can securely access multiple virtual databases instantly bypassing time-consuming, manual processes
- API Integration: Integration via RESTful APIs to orchestration portals or DevOps tools including Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, and more
"Datatrend's deep expertise combined with Actifio's IBM-powered offerings drastically improves our customers' ability to enhance IT agility and bring new services to market faster," said Charlie Cox, President at Datatrend. "Our partnership with both Actifio and IBM enables us to deliver new and advanced offerings that enhance data protection, enable DevOps and allow customers to move to the cloud more efficiently."
"The collaboration between Datatility, IBM and Actifio provides our customers with a unique competitive advantage," said Jan Rosenberg, CEO at Datatility. "The combination of technologies directly meets our customer's needs for performance and flexibility to solve key business and technology challenges related to modernizing Backup and DR, delivering a DevOps strategy and enabling the Hybrid Cloud."
To learn more about Actifio and its recent news releases, please visit the website.
Actifio is the world's leading Enterprise Data-as-a-Service (EDaaS) platform. It enables thousands of users around the world to deliver their data just as they deliver their applications and infrastructure... as a service available instantly, anywhere. An enterprise-class software platform powered by patented Virtual Data Pipeline™ technology, Actifio frees data from traditional infrastructure to accelerate adoption of hybrid cloud, build higher quality applications faster, and improve business resiliency and availability. For more, visit Actifio.com or follow us on Twitter @Actifio.
Bite for Actifio