ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Acumatica, the fastest-growing provider of cloud-based accounting and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software for midmarket companies, today announced the much-anticipated release of Acumatica 5.3 and demonstrated still more groundbreaking functionality in a future release.
The update was unveiled at Acumatica's sixth annual Summit for partners and customers in Orlando, Florida, which set a new attendance record and was sponsored by a wide range of technology companies including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Corp.
Acumatica also announced the release of its payroll module that has been in Preview Release along with customers now live and successfully executing employee payroll utilizing Acumatica's leading Cloud solution.
"Since introducing Acumatica 5.0 to market last year, our teams have been listening to our customers and working to address common workflow needs," said Jon Roskill, CEO of Acumatica. "The updates in Acumatica 5.3 enable customers to accelerate their businesses by delivering more powerful performance and new mobility features."
The current version of Acumatica 5.0 delivers a full ERP suite that includes financials, distribution, accounting and CRM. New features in Acumatica 5.3, which is focused on performance, stability and mobility include:
- Enhanced mobile app: Enables businesses and employees to enter, review and approve orders from anywhere, at any time. There are more scenarios than ever including mobile CRM, mobile sales orders and project time cards.
- New web services API: Easier and more efficient to use, dozens of lines of code reduced to one, designed for the future. Facilitating rock solid and durable integrations with ISV products and online services.
- Sales order reporting: New powerful reporting allows analysis of sales and profitability by customer, salesperson, order, item class, customer class and date.
- Marketing automation: Synchronization between Acumatica and HubSpot to connect outbound marketing activities with CRM lead flow and processes, built using integration services to facilitate synchronization of key activities.
- General ledger reclassification: Quickly and efficiently reclassify transactions during month end closing with full auditing and history tracking, removing tedious manual reversal and adjustments.
- Support for Amazon Aurora RDS: Acumatica expands the choice of database (DB) availability for customers by announcing support for AWS Aurora Remote DB Service, enabling customers to benefit from the multi-zone availability and redundancy of Amazon's fastest-growing DB service.
- Deeper integration with Microsoft Exchange: Acumatica makes it possible to synchronize data and records—including email, contacts, tasks and appointments—with Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 accounts. Acumatica 5.3 offers significantly improved performance and reliability in this area, as well as support for synchronization of all-day events, and tracking of email messages that contain references to cases or opportunities for inclusion in Acumatica ERP and association with corresponding entities. It also includes direct hyperlinked CRM records from your smartphone.
"Small and medium-sized businesses need to automate business management processes to grow their businesses. Acumatica's ERP 5.0 gives SMBs a flexible and scalable way to manage core business processes more effectively and efficiently," said Laurie McCabe, co-founder and partner of SMB Group. "The release of Acumatica ERP 5.3 gives users an even better experience, with a faster user interface and expanded mobility features that make it quicker and easier to get their jobs done."
Finally, Acumatica also announced the acquisition of M5 Software IP and customer base. The acquisition will help speed to market an Acumatica Field Services Edition in the coming fiscal year.
Acumatica 5.3 is available as of today. Customers interested in the update should contact their favorite local VAR. More information on Acumatica can be found at www.acumatica.com.
Acumatica provides cloud-based business management software that empowers small and mid-size businesses to accelerate their businesses and drive growth. Built on cloud and mobile technology and a unique customer-centric licensing model, Acumatica delivers a suite of fully integrated business management applications, such as Financials, Distribution, CRM and Project Accounting, on a robust and flexible platform. In an interconnected world, Acumatica enables customers to take full control of their businesses, play to their organizations' unique strengths and support their clients by following them anywhere on any device. For more information, visit www.acumatica.com.
Heather Vaughn for Acumatica
Acumatica@feareygroup.com, (206) 343-1543