NEW YORK, Oct. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Ad Council, a non-profit organization and the largest producer of national public service campaigns in the U.S., announced today that sixteen new members were elected to their Board of Directors at the organization's board meeting yesterday afternoon. The board is led by Laura Desmond, Global CEO of Starcom Mediavest Group.
The new members of the Board of Directors are:
- Deirdre Bigley, Global CMO, Bloomberg
- Joe Bihlmier, VP, Global Media, American Express
- James Borow, Co-Founder & CEO, SHIFT
- Heidi Browning, SVP, Strategic Solutions, Pandora
- Larry Bruck, VP, Global Marketing, Kellogg Company
- Katie Burke, EVP, Marketing & Communications, Nielsen
- Kathy Collins, CMO, H&R Block
- Bill Demas, President & CEO, Turn
- George John, CEO, Rocket Fuel
- Scot McLernon, CRO, YuMe
- Doug Miller, CRO, LivingSocial
- Juan Rovira, CMO, Bacardi North America
- Vinay Shahani, VP, Marketing, Volkswagen of America
- Greg Stuart, CEO, Mobile Marketing Association
- Linda Yaccarino, President, Advertising Sales, NBCUniversal
- Mark Young, SVP, Marketing Solutions, Clear Channel Outdoor
The Ad Council produces 40 national public service campaigns annually on behalf of non-profit organizations and federal government agencies. The creative is developed pro bono by leading ad agencies throughout the country and the ads run in time and space donated by the media. The board of directors comprises leading executives from the organization's founding sectors, which include media companies, advertising agencies and corporate advertisers. The board provides guidance on creative strategy, media placement and outreach, and helps secure funding for the organization's operations.
"Our new board members are leaders from the advertising, digital, social and mobile spaces that bring with them knowledge and experience that will be invaluable to the Ad Council and our national campaigns," said Peggy Conlon, President & CEO of the Ad Council. "I am confident that these new members will help successfully guide our organization through an ever-changing media landscape and further our legacy of developing creative, groundbreaking and impactful work."
The Ad Council
The Ad Council has a rich history of marshaling volunteer talent from the advertising and media industries to deliver critical messages to the American public. Having produced literally thousands of PSA campaigns addressing the most pressing social issues of the day, the Ad Council has affected, and continues to effect, tremendous positive change by raising awareness, inspiring action and saving lives. To learn more about the Ad Council and its campaigns, visit www.adcouncil.org, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or view our PSAs on YouTube.
SOURCE The Ad Council