MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. and DUBLIN, Sept. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/-- Adara, a global leader in helping marketers connect with targeted traveler audiences, today announced rapid momentum for its recent Europe expansion.
Having announced its first European partner in April, Adara now has a total of 24 travel companies on its fast-growing list of European data partners, including three of Europe's largest online travel agencies and a leading travel distributor, as well as prominent airlines, hotel companies, ground transport and travel activity specialists. Adara also tapped Yahoo veteran Ann Reilly as Vice President, International Sales. Reilly will lead Adara's sales team in Europe, Middle East, Africa and other international markets.
An expert in digital advertising, Reilly has extensive sales management experience in international settings. She most recently served as a Commercial Director for YAHOO! EMEA in Barcelona, where she created and executed European sales strategy and vision for Yahoo!'s mid-market search and display advertising teams.
Tobias Wessels, Vice President of Europe, has spearheaded Adara's partner expansion throughout the region. Wessels will drive future partnerships across Europe, Middle East and Africa and manage Adara's international headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. Formerly CFO at GoogleX, Google's incubator for moonshot projects, Wessels previously was Adara's Director of Business Development in Mountain View, CA.
Adara collects first-party data directly from more than 65 of the world's top travel companies. Data partners unlock revenues by making their website data available in real-time to Adara.
Advertisers utilize Adara's platform to access search, booking and loyalty data captured from their own websites, and from across the global travel industry, for executing digital campaigns pinpointing travelers who are planning and booking trips.
"Adara is experiencing significant growth in Europe," said Layton Han, Adara's CEO. "We attribute this momentum to our innovative approach to data-driven marketing and our track record in helping travel companies turn data into new revenue streams. We're making big data available to digital advertisers in a way it's never been available before."
Leading European travel companies that have joined Adara's fast-growing list of partners include:
- National Express Group, Europe's largest scheduled coach service provider and operator of National Express and Eurolines brands. It carries more than 18 million customers a year to 1,000 destinations in the U.K. and serves major U.K. airports through its subsidiary Airlinks.
- National Rail Enquiries (NRE), the official source of information for all passenger rail services on the National Rail network in England, Wales and Scotland. Its website and mobile platforms draw millions of visitors per month.
- Louvre Hotels Group, one of Europe's largest hotel groups and a key player in the international hotel industry with more than 1,100 hotels in 43 countries.
- STA Travel, based in London, the world's largest youth travel company, employing more than 2,500 people in 17 countries, and working with franchises and licensing partners in 73 further counties. STA Travel's retail divisions have more than 220 branches worldwide.
- City Discovery, an activity specialist that offers sightseeing tours, travel experiences and ground transportation worldwide.
- Finnair, Finland's largest airline, which transports 9 million passengers a year, flying to more than 65 destinations in 30 counties.
- Lot Polish Airlines, Poland's flag carrier, which flies to 60 destinations in Europe the Middle East, North America and Asia. It is the first European airline flying on Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft.
- airBaltic, the Latvian flag carrier.
- Directflights.com, a leading flight and holiday meta search site, based in the UK with a global presence.
- HostelBookers, one of the largest hostel providers in Europe.
"These new partners represent a significant expansion of Adara's already massive collection of consumer travel data," Wessels said. "Together, these travel companies account for a huge volume of web traffic, offering an enormous opportunity to marketers targeting premium travel audiences across Europe."
"We're excited that European companies are recognizing Adara's ability to help digital advertisers target travelers at scale with the right message at the right time," said Han. "Our precision-targeting platform allows marketers to leverage first-party data on a huge scale so they can cost-effectively focus advertising dollars on travelers who are actually in-market, planning their trips."
Adara is a global leader in helping consumer brands find new customers using advanced precision-targeting technology powered by Big Data sourced from the world's leading travel and hospitality companies. Adara has partnered with many of the world's largest airlines, hotels, and travel distributors to help them monetize their website data while protecting consumer privacy, personal information and purchase data.
Adara's partners gain new revenue streams and the ability to deepen customer relationships through highly targeted marketing programs. Adara's unparalleled access to first-party data combined with proprietary technology enables advertisers to execute and optimize highly effective display, mobile, video, and social media ad campaigns. Adara was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Mountain View, CA.