ANN ARBOR, Mich., Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Denison Consulting, the world's leader in organizational culture and leadership development assessment solutions, today announced that Dr. Philip Smith, Chief Medical Information Officer at Adventist Health System, will present Leadership Strategies for Change Readiness at the upcoming Denison Best Practices Forum 2011, January 26-28, 2011, Delray Beach, Florida. For more information about the Denison Best Practices Forum, please visit www.denisonconsulting.com.
"Most hospitals are doing it backwards," said Dr. Smith. "They aren't looking at any kind of organizational assessment along with the Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) system implementation and addressing the cultural aspects necessary to make it work. Those hospitals aren't having the same kinds of successful implementations that we are having. To get it right, hospitals must look at the way the organization works as part of their CPOE implementation."
"Dr. Smith joins a distinguished line of presenters at the Denison Forum next month. Adventist Health Systems has implemented exceptional programs for change readiness and we look forward to hearing about these strategies," said Dr. Daniel Denison, founding partner and CEO of Denison Consulting.
The Denison Best Practices Forum is an annual event for senior executives to learn, share and collaborate on culture change and leadership development. The Forum features leaders and chief executives who have created change, developed leaders and improved their organizational performance. Speakers include:
- Scott Beacham, CEO & President, BCS Financial with Barbara Osterman, President, Human Solutions, LLC
- Dr. Thomas Fairchild, VP of Strategy & Measurement, University of North Texas, Health Science Center
- Roger Gaston, SVP of HR, & Steve Fitzgerald, VP of HR, Avaya
- Vice Admiral Keith W. Lippert, retired, Defense Logistics Agency
- Lisa Morris, Executive Director, School Employees Retirement System of Ohio
- Fara Palumbo, SVP, CHRO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- David W. Scheible, CEO & President, Graphic Packaging
- Dr. Philip Smith, MD, CMIO, Adventist Health System
- Tereasa H. Washington, Director of the Office of Human Capital and James G. Andrews, Supervisor of Organization and Leadership Development Office, Marshall Space Flight Center, NASA
- William J. Woodward, CEO & President, Northway Financial
About Denison Consulting
Denison Consulting (www.denisonconsulting.com) provides the world's best research-based tools and assessment solutions designed to improve the bottom-line performance of leaders, teams, and organizations. Used by more than 5,000 organizations globally, Denison's organizational culture, leadership, and team surveys allow organizations, leaders, and teams to identify strengths and weaknesses that impact sales profitability, quality, innovation, employee satisfaction, customer satisfaction, and financial performance. Based in Ann Arbor, MI, Denison has offices worldwide North America, Europe and Asia, as well as a global network of licensed distributors, consultants and researchers.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
Daniel R. Denison
SOURCE Denison Consulting