Mar 21, 2019, 13:27 ET
HARTFORD, Conn., March 21, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Aetna, a CVS Health (NYSE:CVS) business, is offering resources to members who have been affected by floods in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
Aetna members can refill their prescriptions early, if needed. Members who use Aetna's mail-order pharmacy can either get a prescription at an alternate delivery location or refill a prescription that may have been lost, damaged or destroyed.
In addition to helping with prescription refills, Aetna professionals who have experience dealing with traumatic events are also available to help. Aetna has opened its Resources for Living services to those affected by the flooding, regardless of whether they are Aetna members or not. Individuals can call 1-833-327-AETNA (1-833-327-2386) for assistance with finding available shelters, accessing government resources and seeking referrals or help to cope with the emotional impact of the floods.
Aetna members affected by the floods can also seek emergency care anywhere, as needed. The company will monitor the impact the flooding has on its network doctors, hospitals and other health care providers, and make further modifications to its policies as necessary to ensure members have access to care.
If any additional local, state or federal disaster executive orders or regulations are issued related to these catastrophic events, Aetna will adjust its policies to comply.
Aetna members and health care providers affected by the floods who need care or other assistance can reach the company at the following toll-free numbers:
- Aetna Member Services: Call the number printed on your ID card*. If ID card is unavailable, call 1-800-443-AETNA (1-800-443-2386).
- Rx Member Services and Aetna Rx Home Delivery Customer Service: 1-888-RX AETNA (1-888-792-3862)
- Aetna Specialty Pharmacy Customer Service: 1-866-782-ASRX (1-866-782-2779)
- Aetna Student Assistance Program: 1-877-351-7889
- Aetna Dental: 1-877-238-6200
- Aetna Vision Preferred: 1- 866-652-0018
- Health care providers should contact the Provider Service Centers:
– Indemnity and PPO-based benefit plans: 1-888-MD-AETNA (1-888-632-3862)
– HMO benefit plans: 1-800-624-0756
- Coventry Health Plans:
- Commercial HMO and PPO Plans 1-866-847-8235
- Medicare Advantage Plans 1-800-847-3995
- Coventry National and First Health Plans 1-800-937-6824
* Members can find replacement ID cards and access to a Personal Health Record on Aetna's secure member site Aetna Navigator™. Log in on Aetna's home page.
About CVS Health
CVS Health is the nation's premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Whether in one of its pharmacies or through its health services and plans, CVS Health is pioneering a bold new approach to total health by making quality care more affordable, accessible, simple and seamless. CVS Health is community-based and locally focused, engaging consumers with the care they need when and where they need it. The Company has more than 9,800 retail locations, approximately 1,100 walk-in medical clinics, a leading pharmacy benefits manager with approximately 93 million plan members, a dedicated senior pharmacy care business serving more than one million patients per year, expanding specialty pharmacy services, and a leading stand-alone Medicare Part D prescription drug plan. CVS Health also serves an estimated 39 million people through traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including a rapidly expanding Medicare Advantage offering. This innovative health care model increases access to quality care, delivers better health outcomes and lowers overall health care costs. Find more information about how CVS Health is shaping the future of health at www.cvshealth.com.
SOURCE CVS Health
Share this article