Annual Symposium to Explore Air Warfare with Senior Air Force Leadership
ARLINGTON, Va., Feb. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Air Force Association (AFA) is hosting their 27th annual Air Warfare Symposium and Technology Exposition on Feb. 17 – 18, 2011, at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando, Fla. This Symposium, themed "Resetting the Force for the Future," features speakers that represent the top echelon in Air Force leadership, including Secretary of the Air Force Michael Donley, Vice Chief of Staff of the Air Force General Philip M. Breedlove and Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James A. Roy.
- Secretary of the Air Force Michael Donley
- Gen. Philip Breedlove, Vice Chief of Staff of the Air Force
- Gen. Duncan J. McNabb, Commander, U.S. Transportation Command
- Gen. Robert C. Kehler, Commander, U.S. Strategic Command
- Gen. William M. Fraser, Commander, Air Combat Command
- Gen. Craig McKinley, Chief, National Guard Bureau
- Gen. Donald J. Hoffman, Commander, Air Force Materiel Command
- Gen. Doug Fraser, Commander, U.S. Southern Command
- Gen. Gary L. North, Commander, Pacific Air Forces
- Gen. Edward A. Rice, Commander, Air Education and Training Command
- Gen. William Shelton, Commander, Air Force Space Command
- Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James Roy
For a full list of the scheduled speakers and their biographies, check here.
Exhibits highlighting aerospace technology and education, sponsored by leading aerospace companies, will be on display as part of the Technology Exposition.
In conjunction with the Symposium, CyberPatriot will be hosting the semifinal round for the All Service Division. CyberPatriot, managed by AFA, is the national competition geared toward high school students that serves as an interactive learning tool for cyber security. Results from this round determine which five teams compete for the Commander-in-Chief Trophy and scholarships at the finals on March 31 – April 1, 2011, in Washington, D.C.
Media registration: Advance media registration is available at https://registration.afa.org/reg/reg1.aspx?event=orlando2011®type=Media.
AFA is a 501(C)(3), nonprofit organization promoting public understanding of aerospace power and the pivotal role it plays in the security of the nation. AFA has more than 200 chapters nationally and internationally representing 125,000 members. Visit AFA at http://www.AFA.org.
SOURCE Air Force Association