AffordableSchools.net Releases Its Ranking of Online Bachelor's Degrees in Computer Science, Information Technology and Information Science
28 Mar, 2016, 08:23 ET
SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AffordableSchools.net (http://www.affordableschools.net), an independent college search and rankings site that centers on unique and affordable offerings within higher education, announced today that it had released its newest college rankings list, featuring 20 Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees in Computer Science/ IT.
At No.1 on this AffordableSchools.net's rankings list is South Texas College in McAllen, Texas. STC is followed by Southeastern Oklahoma State University (Durant, Oklahoma) and Brigham Young University-Idaho (Rexburg, Idaho), in second and third places respectively. The complete list of all 20 U.S. colleges and universities, in alphabetical order, comprises:
* American Public University System (Charles Town, West Virginia)
* Austin Peay State University (Clarksville, Tennessee)
* Bellevue University (Bellevue, Nebraska)
* Brigham Young University-Idaho (Rexburg, Idaho)
* Columbia College (Columbia, Missouri)
* Fort Hays State University (Hays, Kansas)
* Jones College-Jacksonville (Jacksonville, Florida)
* Middle Georgia State University (Macon, Georgia)
* National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension (Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota)
* Northern Kentucky University (Highland Heights, Kentucky)
* Park University (Parkville, Missouri)
* Peru State College (Peru, Nebraska)
* South Texas College (McAllen, Texas)
* Southeastern Oklahoma State University (Durant, Oklahoma)
* Troy University (Troy, Alabama)
* University of Illinois at Springfield (Springfield, Illinois)
* University of Maryland-University College (Adelphi, Maryland)
* University of West Florida (Pensacola, Florida)
* Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, Utah)
* Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, Kentucky)
"There is an ongoing shortage of skilled workers in Computer/ IT-related professions in the United States and other countries," said Raj Dash, the article's lead researcher.
"While prospective students may have an interest, they do not necessarily know where to start their college/ program search for affordable degree programs - something we hope to alleviate with our rankings articles. IT-related occupations are often ideal for those who have other career experience or at least academic knowledge to bring to the table. So an online bachelor's degree can be very convenient for not just first-time college students, but also adult students, military students, second-bachelor's students and anyone else who needs the convenience of online learning. This could be due to obligations including overseas or remote military duty, raising a family, or having a current full- or part-time job. For students who have the necessary self-directed study discipline, an online program can help expedite completing a bachelor's degree towards a high-paying IT profession at the convenience of their own schedule.
"This college ranking list kicks off a new series for online degree topics at AffordableSchools.net. It contains over 60 interactive charts throughout the article, making it easier to absorb much of the data for each school. A single chart (with zoom capability) compares the tuition vs net price for all 20 schools, making it easier to visualize which one has the lowest in-state and out-of-state tuitions, and to generally compare costs to each other. We've also added handy, easy to read tables that summarize all the max/min statistics of all 20 schools, as well as provide a quick reference of school names in alphabetical order, along with name abbreviations used in the article.
"Colleges listed in this ranking are those that offer lower-cost online bachelor's degree programs in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science or related programs, including some that are cross-disciplinary. Additional data points, including graduation rate, student population breakdown (undergrad/ grad), transfer-out rate, etc., are included with each of the 20 school entries. Overall, we hope that this online bachelor's degree ranking list helps students and/or parents of students more easily find a suitable program in Computer Science or related topics, and more easily make sense of the college data available from the NCES database."
Raj Kumar Dash (Email)
Skype phone #: 310-929-7240 (voicemail only)
Contact form: http://affordableschools.net/contact/
Share this article