SALEM, N.H., Jan. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- AgaMatrix, Inc., makers of the WaveSense line of blood glucose monitoring products, announced that the latest version of its WaveSense Diabetes Manager App now provides users with streaming video content provided by dLife, the leading online diabetes resource (http://www.dlife.com). The App is free and available for download on the iTunes App Store.
Users can now quickly and easily access award-winning videos courtesy of dLife TV and dLife.com with segments related to diabetes education, inspirational celebrity stories, cooking, and tips for managing blood sugar. The App is the first of its kind in the App Store released by a blood glucose monitoring product maker and is the first diabetes health and fitness app to have streaming video.
Customer feedback on the App has already been positive:
- "This is by far the best type 1 diabetes manager I have ever used on ANY platform. It is simple, elegant, and yet still highly functional. If I didn't already have an iPhone, I would buy an iPod Touch just to have this app."
- "I don't often rate apps, but I have to say that this one has earned its way onto my front page. I am more impressed by it the more I use it. Get it and you will be impressed too."
- "Excellent interface, easy to learn and use with a comprehensive set of features, especially for a free app."
- "Beautiful user interface... the app is extremely useful in helping me track my glucose results, carb intake and insulin doses. It just doesn't get any better than this. WaveSense blew away ... [the] competitors."
Now employing its 2nd generation diabetes data management and visualization engine, this latest version of the WaveSense Diabetes Manager is more robust and loads and displays results faster. Other new features in this version include:
- Sharing of all glucose, carbohydrate, and insulin events;
- A stunning customizable interface that changes with the time of day; and
- An upgraded note and tagging system that helps put results in context.
Several new versions are expected to be released in the coming months that leverage the core foundation of the App. New features will include more content, education, and decision making tools
WaveSense(TM) is a line of blood glucose meters, strips, and software designed to improve the quality of diabetes care by using a new technology that personalizes each test to provide world class accuracy. It detects and corrects for many errors caused by differences in blood samples and environmental conditions. Current AgaMatrix products include the WaveSense KeyNote(TM), Presto(TM), Jazz(TM), and the WaveSense Diabetes Manager iPhone App. WaveSense meters and strips are covered by insurance and available by mail order and at popular retail outlets such as Walmart and Kroger. For more information, go to: http://www.wavesense.info.
WaveSense, KeyNote, Presto, Jazz, WaveSense Diabetes Manager are trademarks of AgaMatrix, Inc. iPhone, dLife, Walmart, Kroger are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE AgaMatrix, Inc.