HOUSTON, July 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- AIG Travel announced today a new online tool, Travel Guard® Travel Tracer Powered by NC4™, now available to companies across the globe. The comprehensive, configurable risk management solution gives employers and organizations the opportunity to track and manage the safety of business travelers, employees and fixed assets worldwide.
The innovative Travel Guard Travel Tracer risk management technology delivers actionable information to improve situational awareness and helps minimize risk wherever employees live, work and travel. It is designed to generate real-time, targeted incident alerts pertinent to an organization's traveler or business locations and geo-coded to the street level. Backed by AIG Travel's award-winning 24/7/365 medical, travel assistance, and security services, the tool offers the following capabilities:
- Situation Map – The situation map helps instantly visualize business travelers' planned locations and itineraries, as well as incidents and emerging worldwide events in proximity to their journeys. A detailed map helps pinpoint active and upcoming traveler locations and destinations based on current flight, ground transportation and hotel itinerary information, all displayed in the context of real-time, geo-coded incidents and threats.
- Real-time Incident Tracking – This feature tracks global events in real time – monitoring transportation, hazmat, weather, law enforcement, fire, terrorism, and other incidents that may impact customers' business operations.
- Daily Global Flashpoints – Global flashpoints, plotted on the Situation Map, summarize emerging world events that may escalate rapidly, potentially impacting travel or the stability of a region and associated business operations.
- On-Demand Reports – Travel Tracer's reports and search tools provide timely access to the information that travel and risk managers need, including current locations by city, active/upcoming travel, arrivals/departures, travel by dates, destinations, risk ratings, insight for multiple travelers on a flight, and more.
- Pre-trip Advisories – Configurable advisories, sent directly to travelers automatically upon booking of reservations, provide destination-specific information, including recent security threats, health and safety risks, visa requirements, and emergency contact information.
- Alerts – Automated and targeted alerts allow travel and risk managers to easily communicate to active and pending travelers regarding threats, as well as identify threats in proximity to company locations/fixed assets.
"Travel Tracer builds on our service offerings and our dedication to provide clients with the highest level of innovative technologies and customer care," said Bob Gallagher, senior vice president and chief operating officer, AIG Travel. "This technology empowers our business customers to more easily manage their employees' travel needs worldwide."
Supported by NC4's innovative risk management technology, Travel Guard Travel Tracer combines travel intelligence and tracking with real-time threat alerts and AIG's global reach to provide a full view of travelers' risk exposure in comprehensive reports – and protect traveler health, safety and productivity. In addition, clients have the support of AIG Travel's assistance centers in Asia, Europe and the Americas, which support more than 40 languages on site to help travelers solve problems and manage risks around the world.
For a demonstration of Travel Guard Travel Tracer or more information on the award-winning Travel Guard portfolio of travel insurance solutions and global assistance services, visit www.aig.com/travel.
About AIG Travel and Travel Guard
AIG Travel, Inc., a member of American International Group, Inc., is a worldwide leader in travel insurance solutions and assistance. Travel Guard® is the marketing name for its portfolio of travel insurance solutions and travel-related services, including assistance and security services, marketed to both leisure and business travelers around the globe. Services are provided through a network of wholly owned service centers located in Asia, Europe and the Americas. For additional information, please visit our websites at www.aig.com/travel and www.travelguard.com.
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
AIG is the marketing name for the worldwide property-casualty, life and retirement, and general insurance operations of American International Group, Inc. For additional information, please visit our website at www.aig.com. All products and services are written or provided by subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. Products or services may not be available in all countries, and coverage is subject to actual policy language. Non-insurance products and services may be provided by independent third parties. Certain property-casualty coverages may be provided by a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers do not generally participate in state guaranty funds, and insureds are therefore not protected by such funds.
NC4 delivers safety and security solutions for both business and government organizations. We revolutionize how organizations and communities collect, manage, share and disseminate information to mitigate risks, manage incidents, reduce cyber threats and fight crime. NC4 also provides secure communication and collaborating solutions for public and private sector communities.
NC4 solutions are used by private sector companies involved in financial services, high-tech, insurance, manufacturing, aerospace and defense, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, as well as several other industries. In the public sector, NC4 solutions are used by federal, state and local agencies in homeland security, emergency management and law enforcement disciplines. NC4 takes a comprehensive and integrated approach to safety and security by providing: global security and travel intelligence, analysis, traveler tracking, and relevant real-time threat alerting to mitigate enterprise risks; cyber threat exchanges that drive the development of circles of trust and a sharing culture; and a common operating picture for fighting crime and managing emergencies. For information about NC4, visit www.NC4.com or call toll-free, 1-877-624-4999.
SOURCE AIG Travel