HOUSTON, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alert Logic, the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for the cloud, today announced that 2012 marked another year of record growth. The company recorded $30.6 million in GAAP revenue for the fiscal year that ended December 31, 2012, a 43 percent increase over the same period in 2011. The company's annualized revenue run-rate at quarter-end was $37 million.
Alert Logic also announced that through its relationships with leading cloud providers, VARs and direct customers, more than 2,000 enterprise customers now use Alert Logic's cloud-powered products and services to protect their networks and data.
"We began 2012 with ambitious goals and ended the year ahead of plan," said Gray Hall, Alert Logic's president and CEO. "Breaking through the milestones of $30 million in revenue and 2,000 customers, while maintaining growth in excess of 40 percent, is further proof that Alert Logic is disrupting the security industry with a new and better model, and that we are unique in the cloud security landscape in the degree to which we have grown and scaled our new model."
Among Alert Logic's notable highlights for 2012:
- Surpassed 2,000 customers and 100 productive partners, validating the Company's commitment to addressing the unique service delivery requirements of cloud and hosting service providers.
- Completed and integrated the acquisition of ArmorLogic and launched Web Security Manager with ActiveWatch, the industry's first fully managed SaaS web application firewall.
- Launched first Network IDS in the world's largest public cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace.
- Named a leader in the emerging MSSP category in the "The Forrester Wave™: Emerging Managed Security Service Providers, Q1 2013," by Forrester Research, Inc.
- Recognition as No. 206 on Deloitte Technology's Fast 500™; as a bronze winner in the Best in Biz Awards for Company of the Year; as one of JMP Securities' "Hot 100" Software Companies for 2012; as one of the Houston Business Journal's Fast 100 Growth Companies 2012; and as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America in the 2012 INC 5000.
Although privately held, Alert Logic publicly reports its Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) revenue results and growth rates quarterly, in addition to its annualized recurring revenue under contract. Alert Logic's financial statements have been audited in accordance with GAAP since 2005. All Alert Logic revenue is derived through long-term subscription contracts, consistent with the company's SaaS business model. Alert Logic's solutions are sold directly to enterprise customers and through a diversified channel of resellers and cloud service provider partners.
Alert Logic specializes in providing a portfolio of SaaS solutions for customers of hosting and cloud service providers. More than half of the largest managed hosting and cloud service providers use Alert Logic to secure their customer environments, making Alert Logic the de facto standard for securing infrastructure in hosted and cloud environments. Alert Logic's Security-as-a-Service solutions provide customers four distinct advantages: market-leading security tools, a fully outsourced and managed SaaS delivery model, integrated 24×7 Security Operations Center (SOC) services to monitor and provide expert guidance, and the ability to deploy wherever a customer has IT infrastructure, including the cloud.
About Alert Logic
Alert Logic, the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, provides solutions to secure the application and infrastructure stack. By integrating advanced security tools with 24×7 Security Operations Center expertise, customers can defend against security threats and address compliance mandates. By leveraging an "as-a-Service" delivery model, Alert Logic solutions include day-to-day management of security infrastructure, security experts translating complex data into actionable insight, and flexible deployment options to address customer security needs in any computing environment. Built from the ground up to address the unique challenges of public and private cloud environments, Alert Logic partners with over half of the largest cloud and hosting service providers to provide Security-as-a-Service solutions for business application deployments for over 2,000 enterprises. Alert Logic is based in Houston, Texas, and was founded in 2002. For more information, please visit www.alertlogic.com.
DPK Public Relations
Daniel Keeney | 214.432.7556
SOURCE Alert Logic