ALEXANDRIA, Va., Nov. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Silverback Strategies, a performance marketing agency in Alexandria, Virginia, is #25 of 50 U.S. advertising and marketing companies included on the 2017 Ad Age Best Places to Work list.
"Our industry is driven by technology but our company is defined by our people," says Neil Welsh, president and founder of Silverback Strategies. "Recruiting and retaining top tier talent is critical to our success. This recognition speaks to the high-performance, tight-knit culture our team has built over the past 10 years."
Silverback added nine new employees while growing annual revenue over 300 percent from 2013 to 2016. The company will bring in over $6 million in revenue in 2017.
The Ad Age Best Places to Work program recognizes "the best employers in the advertising and marketing industries, benefiting the industry's economy, workforce and businesses."
Among Silverback's more unique perks:
- Silverback staffers regularly receive in-depth training from partners like Google and Facebook at their headquarters in New York and Silicon Valley.
- Out-of-town Silverbackers are welcomed to the Alexandria office monthly. All travel, room and board costs are covered by the company for these office visits.
- The company offers a $2,500 bonus to employees who successfully refer new hires.
- Silverback increased its annual paid time off allotment for all employees by an additional week.
- The company holds regular happy hours, lunch-and-learn sessions and sponsors out-of-the-office field trips to water ski, play trampoline dodgeball and bubble soccer.
- Silverback has a voluntary meditation program with on-site training at no cost to employees. All participants are given an extra day of paid time off.
- Silverback maintains a healthy snack bar and has nitro cold brew coffee on tap at all times.
The results have been great: Silverback hit $4.7 million in annual revenue in 2016 and will top $6 million in 2017. The agency has aggressive goals for 2018
"We're going to keep building what we have here," Welsh says, "because I think we have something special."
About Silverback Strategies
Standard Silverback is a privately held, for-profit business with 28 U.S. employees in its main Alexandria office and Philadelphia satellite. The company launched in Alexandria in 2007 as a PPC and SEO shop and now offers content marketing, design and development in addition those core services. Silverback Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Media Contact: Ben Kirst, (703) 678-2700
SOURCE Silverback Strategies