ORLANDO, Fla., Sept. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- ASIS Booth # 2350 -- Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 140,000 employees, is honored to provide physical security at ASIS International's 62nd Annual Seminar and Exhibits in Orlando, Fla., from September 12 to 15.
Allied Universal security officers as well as the company's new "Machines as a Service" robots will patrol the exhibit hall to help ensure a safe and secure environment.
"We are happy to partner with Allied Universal for security for the ASIS conference," said Dan Taylor, Principal, Dan Taylor & Associates, LLC. "For five years we have worked together to provide a security presence that the ASIS organization, exhibitors and attendees have come to rely on. Through this partnership we are taking security to a new level at the 2016 conference with the addition of robots to the team of high quality, responsive security officers."
Allied Universal has also been selected to present five educational sessions during the conference. Allied Universal is proud to support the security industry's premier event offering industry professionals the opportunity to exchange ideas, best practices, technology and solutions with the participation at these five featured events.
Educational sessions presented by Allied Universal:
- "Liability Arising from Appropriate Use of Deadly Force" is Monday, September 12, from 1:45 to 3:00 p.m. in Room W305AB. Attendees will be able to understand the tactics that litigators use to tear apart even the most carefully crafted policies and practices. Panelists include Geoff Craighead, Vice President, Allied Universal; Bonnie Michelman, Director of Police, Security and Outside Services, Massachusetts General Hospital; Kathryn Canale, Partner, Bradley & Gmelich; Jaimee Wellerstein, Associate, Bradley & Gmelich; Barry Bradley, Managing Partner, Bradley & Gmelich; and Gary Bradley, Chief Legal Officer, St. Moritz Security Services, Inc.
- "Get Ready for a Weather-Related Crisis" is Tuesday, September 13, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in Room W311A. Attendees will learn how to leverage a security organization in support of a weather-related emergency preparedness plan. Panelists include Alan Stein, Vice President, Marketing Services and Product Development, Allied Universal; Susana Mueller, Emergency Management and Business Continuity Director, TECO Energy, Inc; and Samuel Harvill, Jr., Security Operations Manager for Broward County.
Page 2, Allied Universal Provides Security at ASIS
- "Trends That Affect Today's Security Industry" is Wednesday, September 14, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in Room W308AB. This session will share best practices to combat major issues including the security industry's role in preventing and responding to workplace violence events, designing a business continuity plan, protecting businesses from terrorism and meeting the demand for cybersecurity solutions. Panelists include Rik Lisko, Vice President, Business Development, Allied Universal; Michael Bouchard, Chief Security Officer – Sterling Global Operations, Security Dynamics Group, LLC; Godfried Hendriks, Managing Director, GOING Consultancy BV; Jeffrey Lee, CPP, Technical Security Advisor, Saudi Aramco; and John Petruzzi, Vice President, Enterprise Security Operations, Time Warner Cable.
- "Blueprint for Managing Table Exercises" is Wednesday, September 14, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in Room W311A. Attendees will learn how to create an effective tabletop drill that involves essential personnel. Presenters include Paul Caruso, Director of Higher Education, Allied Universal, and Alan Snow, Director, Safety and Security, Boston Properties.
- "Domestic Threats: Understanding Active Shooter Response" is Wednesday, September 14, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. in Room W307AB. Attendees will learn how to develop a high-level overview of terrorism awareness that provides insight for an effective emergency response plan. Panelists include Ken Bukowski, Vice President of Vertical Markets, Allied Universal; Rik Lisko, Vice President, Business Development, Allied Universal; and Danny Coulson, Consultant, Coulson, Jackson.
About Allied Universal
Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 140,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients' success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions…Allied Universal is there for you. For more information, please visit www.AUS.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/allied-universal-provides-security-services-at-asis-international-seminar--exhibits-300323884.html
SOURCE Allied Universal