MIAMI, March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Preliminary Nielsen's Hispanic survey results from 4PM to 11PM Monday to Friday show WJAN 41 America TeVe consolidated itself in the 3rd rank position among the leading Spanish TV stations in the Miami DMA. WJAN registers 40% more total TV Household ratings/viewership than Telefutura's WAMI and 94% more than Mega TV WSBS.
February NHSI Miami DMA Highlights:
- WJAN's "Noticias 41"/"Noticias Al Cierre" Late News (10PM-11PM) reaffirmed itself as one of the leading programs in the valuable P18-49 demographic with a 2.4 average rating, surpassing Univision's "Rosa de Guadalupe" (2.3) and WSBS Mega TV's "Bayly" (1.1) in its time period.
- WJAN's "Noticias 41" Early News consolidated its strong position at the 5PM-6PM time slot with a 1.7 rating in P25-54 vs. WAMI's 0.8 and WSBS's 0.1 rating.
- "A Mano Limpia" the leading news analysis show at 8PM-9PM with 9.5 TVHH rating beats the first hour of WAMI's movies (4.3) and WSBS's "Maria Elvira" (5.4), increasing 39% in P25-54 vs. January 201. WJAN's "A Mano Limpia", with 2.4 in M25-54, outperforms Telemundo's "Aurora" with 2.0.
- "El Show de Fernando" continues to deliver excellent ratings in P25-54 with 2.1 rating, surpassing WAMI's Laura (1.4) by +50% and WSBS's Paparazzi (1.6) by 31%+.
- P18-34 7PM-11PM M-F: in the challenging young adults demographic, WJAN trounced WSBS by +50%, 1.2 vs. 0.8 in prime time.
WJAN 41 America TeVe features seven hours of live local programming aimed towards the dominant Cuban /Caribbean Hispanic segment in the Miami DMA. WJAN has been the most successful independent Spanish TV station in the nation, consistently achieving a 3rd rank among Miami's Spanish TV station throughout the past five years, competing head to head with the national networks in certain demographics and dayparts.
Regarding the latest Nielsen book, Omar Romay, President & CEO of America CV Network, expressed that: "In a relentless competitive environment, we continue to improve our programming, offering locally relevant alternatives to the national network's, designed specifically for the Miami Hispanic audience." Romay recently announced that multiple Emmy Award®, winner Pedro Sevcec will be soon introducing a new news analysis show at WJAN 41.
Herb Espino, Senior VP of Sales for America CV Network added that: "America TeVe offers more value to advertisers, delivering more potential customers and the best ROI." "Demographic targets are a useful tool for media planning & buying," said Espino, "but in the current economic environment, advertisers need to engage all potential customers in order to generate sales, and that's what we deliver."
America CV Networks encompasses four TV stations in three key Hispanic markets: WJAN 41 Miami / WJPX CV24 Puerto Rico / WPXO CV34 New York / WFUN CV48 Miami.
Live streaming and more information regarding America TeVe WJAN's original programming is available at www.americateve.com.
WJAN – America TeVe - Canal 41 in Miami can be seen on Channel 15 on Comcast in Broward, Pompano, Davie, Ft. Lauderdale, Hallandale, Miramar, Pembroke Pines. On Comcast Channel 12 in Hialeah, Key Biscayne, Miami Metro, Opa Locka, Miami Classic, South Broward, Miramar, South Dade, Aventura, West Miami, Coral Gables. For Comcast Channel 2 in Century Village, Pembroke Pines, Grand Palms. On Comcast Channel 18 in Redland. By Channel 17 on Atlantic Beach Broadband in South Miami and Miami Beach. For Digital Channel 48.1 in North of Miami-Dade and Broward. For Digital Channel 41.1, in south of Miami-Dade, Homestead and Florida City. On satellite systems Dish Network and Direct TV Channel 41 (Broward and Miami-Dade), and the Dish Network Channel 860 in Puerto Rico. Only here in America TeVe…this is mine! The only channel with 7 hours of continuous live programming in South Florida.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF AMERICA TEVE
SOURCE America TeVe