HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sears and Warner Bros. Pictures have teamed up on a retail theatrical integration for one of the most anticipated movies of the summer – MAN OF STEEL™ – which features a Sears store and Sears brands woven into the film's storyline. Off-screen, Sears Shop Your Way Rewards members will benefit from the collaboration via shopping perks and privileges, including an exclusive first-look at footage from the film, a limited-edition Superman comic book from DC Entertainment and the chance to participate in a variety of MAN OF STEEL sweepstakes.
"Sears and Superman are two iconic brands that embody American culture," said Imran Jooma, executive vice president & president of marketing, online and financial services for Sears Holdings. "As the needs of our members and our customers have changed, Sears has responded with new and better products and services inspired by a spirit of genuine quality and honest values. We're also proud to showcase Sears in MAN OF STEEL because it celebrates the original Superman – Dad – in time for Father's Day."
The Shop Your Way/MAN OF STEEL member perks and privileges are featured at shopyourway.com/manofsteel and include:
- Access to film footage – Starting May 30, Shop Your Way Rewards members will be the first to see exclusive, never-before-seen footage from MAN OF STEEL at shopyourway.com/manofsteel. In the weeks following the movie's release, members will be able to view additional content from the movie, giving fans another inside look at the film.
- Free comic book* – All Star Superman #1 in both print and digital comic formats from DC Entertainment, featuring an exclusive new cover, is free to members with any store purchase starting Sunday, June 9, at the height of the Father's Day shopping season. Each limited-edition print comic book will have a coupon valid for $10 in Shop Your Way points when a member spends $50 or more on a qualifying purchase in-store June 16-30.
- Shop Your Way/"Man of Steel" sweepstakes+ – Members can enter several MAN OF STEEL sweeps (no purchase necessary), with prizes that include a Superman fan's dream trip for two to Warner Bros. Studio for a behind-the-scenes VIP tour; Craftsman tool boxes that were actual authenticated props used in the production of MAN OF STEEL; signed and numbered prints of the original DC Comics art featured on the Sears comic book cover; and more.
The director of MAN OF STEEL, Zack Snyder, said, "We wanted to ground Superman in a reality that the audience could understand, with iconic American locations, like Sears, to make the film feel as authentic as possible."
Key scenes in MAN OF STEEL take place in downtown "Smallville" that features a Sears store. Fans may also spot vintage Kenmore appliances in the Kent family's kitchen, Craftsman tools in the Kent's family barn and products from both brands in the Smallville Sears store.
This is Something Super
Hero-worthy shopping conveniences that Sears Shop Your Way Rewards members and customers will enjoy as they shop for the "Superman" (Dad, of course) in their life include: buy online, pick-up in-store in five minutes or less guaranteed; a ship-to-home shopping option; and the best deals whether shopping online at Sears.com or from a mobile app or tablet. In fact, Sears is featuring several "Man of Steel"-inspired gifts for Father's Day, including:
- Suit-up like Superman with the blue NordicTrack® performance polo for $9.99 (reg. $34.00), members get $5 in points
- Spruce up his getaway car with Meguiar's Gold Class car care kit for $14.99 (reg. 24.99), bonus members get $5 in points
- Help him save the day with the Craftsman 8-in. Max Axess Locking Wrench for $19.99 (reg. $24.99)
- Help Dad become a hero of the grill with the red Kenmore® 4-burner gas grill for $299.99 (reg. $399.99)
- Watch high-flying adventures on the RCA 42" class LED/DVD combo 1080p HDTV, special member pricing of $299.99 (reg. $549.99)
- Light up the night with the Agio "Bella Luna" Lighted Patio Collection for $1,299.99 (reg. $2,499.99)
Honoring Real Heroes At Home
As part of the sixth annual Heroes at Home renovation and fundraising campaign with Rebuilding Together, Sears will host a special MAN OF STEEL rebuilding event in San Bruno, Calif. on June 6. Sears volunteers will don a special MAN OF STEEL T-shirt and renovate a historic American Legion post that serves 180 families. Thanks to donations by Shop Your Way Rewards members, customers and associates, the Heroes at Home program has raised more than $17 million since 2007, funding more than 1,300 home rebuilds for America's military heroes.
*Limit one comic book per member, while supplies last
+No purchase necessary, see shopyourway.com/manofsteel for full sweepstakes details and rules
About MAN OF STEEL
From Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures comes MAN OF STEEL, starring Henry Cavill in the role of Clark Kent/Superman, under the direction of Zack Snyder. A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.
MAN OF STEEL also stars Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni and Russell Crowe. The film is produced by Charles Roven, Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer from a story by Goyer & Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and published by DC Entertainment. Thomas Tull, Lloyd Phillips and Jon Peters serve as executive producers. Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Legendary Pictures, a Syncopy Production, a Zack Snyder Film, MAN OF STEEL. Opening nationwide on June 14, 2013, the film will be released in 3D and 2D in select theaters and IMAX®, and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company. MAN OF STEEL has been rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction, and for some language. www.manofsteel.com
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading broadline retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn Points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through its Sears-branded and affiliated stores in the United States and Canada. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com, and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and Lands' End -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 15 million service and installation calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
SOURCE Sears, Roebuck and Co.