HOPKINTON, Mass., March 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE : EMC ), the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, is again the worldwide storage software market leader in total revenue, its ninth consecutive year in the top spot according to the latest IDC Worldwide Quarterly Storage Software QView, March 2011. In 2010, EMC grew faster than the market, driven by worldwide customer adoption of new software technologies including EMC® FAST (Fully Automated Storage Technology) and EMC Unisphere™ among others.
- EMC is number one in the overall storage software market for the full year of 2010, according to IDC with 24.0% share. EMC also leads in three storage software categories – storage infrastructure, storage management and storage device management.
- In 2010, according to IDC, EMC outpaced the storage software market with 14.8% year-over-year growth, while the overall market grew 10.3%.
- EMC leads the market for storage infrastructure, growing twice as fast as the market in 2010 according to IDC. This growth was driven by customer acceptance of EMC FAST technology, which was available across EMC's major storage platforms in 2010 and results in significant performance improvements and storage efficiency. EMC has 32.3% share in this category.
- In storage management, EMC holds the top spot with 30.6% share. In 2010, EMC introduced its award winning EMC Unisphere storage management software that simplifies management of its entire unified storage portfolio.
- Additionally, EMC announced on March 4, 2011 that it continues to be the number one leader in the external disk storage systems on a revenue basis in 2010, according to the latest IDC Worldwide Quarterly Disk Storage Systems Tracker, March 2011.
"Software is at the core of everything we do and EMC's market leadership is reflective of the significant investment and resources we've devoted to making storage simpler and more efficient. While we are thrilled with our performance in 2010, we kicked off 2011 with the largest product introduction in the industry's history, which is bringing even more innovative software capabilities to customers in all of the markets we serve," said Pat Gelsinger, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure Products.
EMC Corporation (NYSE : EMC ) is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC and Unisphere are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE EMC Corporation