HACKENSACK, N.J. Aug. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- The Angels of Hope Foundation, which benefits Women's Health at the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC), has been chosen as the select charity of choice at this year's PGA Tour Barclay's FedEx Cup event. The Barclays FedEx Cup Golf Tournament will be held August 26 – 29 at Ridgewood Country Club in Paramus.
As a result, Angels of Hope will be participating in the PGA Tour's Tickets Fore Charity fundraising event, which means they will be offering advance sale of the daily grounds pass to the Barclays FedEx Cup for the reduced price of $45 (tickets normally sell for $65). The daily pass can be purchased for the tournament rounds beginning on Thursday, August 26, through the final round on Sunday, August 29.
Through the Tickets Fore Charity program, 100 percent of the ticket sales go to charity; in this case, 75 percent will go toward the Angels of Hope Foundation, and the remaining 25 percent will go to The First Tee of Metropolitan New York, a PGA Tour sponsored charity.
The mission of the Angels of Hope Foundation is to create awareness about women's health issues, including breast, ovarian, cervical, uterine, and colon cancers, by reaching out to local communities. The foundation encourages all women to be informed and take responsibility for their own well-being. Since its inception in November 2003, Angels of Hope has raised more than $800,000 for the John Theurer Cancer Center's women's health services.
"The Angels of Hope Foundation has worked tirelessly to help make cancer treatment at our facility a better experience for women at the John Theurer Cancer Center," said Andrew Pecora, M.D., F.A.C.P., C.P.E., Chairman and Executive Administrative Director, John Theurer Cancer Center. "We are grateful for their determination and vision as we continue in the fight against cancer for women."
In Fall 2010, the John Theurer Cancer Center will open a $130 million comprehensive cancer facility, enhancing the Caner Center's ability to provide extraordinary care. During the past year, Angels of Hope has been working closely with the women's division to create a beautiful waiting area for the new building where cancer patients can feel at ease before their appointments. The funding the Angels of Hope Foundation provides will also be used for monthly cancer education programs focused on prevention and managing treatment, such as screening events, wig consultation, managing eyebrow loss, and dealing with depression and anxiety. The new waiting room and these initiatives will be available for patients in January 2011.
For additional information or to request and order form, please contact Nina Luongo at Lakeland Bank in Wyckoff, secretary/treasurer of the Angels of Hope Foundation, at 201-847-2480 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or please visit the Angels of Hope website: www.aoh-nj.org.
About the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center
The John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center is New Jersey's largest and most comprehensive center dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment, management, research, screenings, and preventive care as well as survivorship of patients with all types of cancer. The 15 specialized divisions covering the complete spectrum of cancer care have developed a close-knit team of medical, research, nursing, and support staff with specialized expertise that translates into more advanced, focused care for all patients. Each year, more people in the New Jersey/New York metropolitan area turn to the John Theurer Cancer Center for cancer care than to any other facility in New Jersey. Housed within a 775-bed not-for-profit teaching, tertiary care, and research hospital, the John Theurer Cancer Center provides state-of-the-art technological advances, compassionate care, research innovations, medical expertise, and a full range of after care services that distinguish the John Theurer Cancer Center from other facilities. For more information please visit to humccancer.org.
SOURCE John Theurer Cancer Center