DENVER, Oct. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Anthem's Wellness programs are now available to even more members: Anthem's MyHealth Advantage program is automatically embedded for all Colorado fully insured groups as of Oct. 1. Previously, only large employers who paid an additional fee received the MyHealth Advantage benefits.
MyHealth Advantage is designed to improve the coordination of care by working with doctors to identify potential gaps in medical care that could lead to immediate and future health concerns and costs.
A key component to MyHealth Advantage is MyHealth Note, which aims to keep members in harmony with their best medical care: Members receive a confidential, personalized MyHealth Note via mail at home when potential medical issues are identified. The mailing suggests specific actions endorsed by their doctor. For example, MyHealth Note might be sent to:
- A member who is in an age group to receive an annual mammogram but whose medical claims suggest she has not had one in the past year.
- A member who is not regularly refilling a prescription for medication to lower blood pressure
- A member who could save money by switching to a specific generic or formulary-preferred medication
The personal health guidance in the MyHealth Note helps members understand their current health status, make better informed health care decisions and achieve and maintain wellness. If a member has a question about any of the information in MyHealth Note, a registered nurse is available via phone or email to help.
"MyHealth Advantage is about providing personalized and proactive health care guidance, which can lead to better heath for employees and lower health costs for employers," said John Martie, president of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Colorado.
If a clinical issue is identified, such as the member is not refilling their prescription regularly or they are overdue for an annual test, a letter is sent to the member's physician. Members also have toll free access to health coaches and can access exclusive information provided by the Harvard Medical School via the Internet.
MyHealth Note is proven to increase member compliance with best medical practices. Within 12 months of receiving a MyHealth Note (1):
- 46 percent of members showed increased compliance to clinical recommendations
- 23 percent of members switched to a lower cost generic medication when told there was an alternative
- 69 percent of members refilled a high blood pressure Rx when reminded
- 60 percent of members went for an annual lipid check when reminded it was overdue
- 38 percent of members scheduled a mammogram when reminded it was due
After the MyHealth Note is sent, all information generated for members is loaded into Anthem's care management system as part of the member's care record, so that the information is readily available for nurses or specialists such as dietitians and pharmacists, who might be assisting the member through other wellness programs.
About Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Colorado:
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is the trade name of Rocky Mountain Hospital and Medical Service, Inc., an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ®ANTHEM is a registered trademark of Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield names and symbols are registered marks of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Additional information about Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Colorado is available at www.anthem.com.
1) Based on an internal review of member participants.
SOURCE Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Colorado